• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Printing

Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is anyone here into 3D printing?  If so, what software do you use to make the models?  Which printer is the one to go with?  Any other pointers?  

I'm looking at the Original Prusa i3 MK3 which several sites seem to be raving over, and I use SketchUp, which I believe can drive 3D printers. Can any Adobe apps drive a 3D printer?

What sort of things do you make with your printer? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Can any Adobe apps drive a 3D printer?

Hi Trevor

I don't do 3D printing here - just images but at the bottom of the Photoshop 3D menu :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can any Adobe apps drive a 3D printer?

Hi Trevor

I don't do 3D printing here - just images but at the bottom of the Photoshop 3D menu :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 3D printing feature in Photoshop CC simplifies the process of printing your 3D creations. You can print your 3D objects on your own 3D printer, export the object for printing, or print to a 3D printing service.

Print 3D objects from Photoshop |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Photoshop : 3D Printing video course on Lynda.com which you may wish to take a look at.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I didn't even think of Photoshop.  The problem with Photoshop is constructing complex models.  You can make more or less anything with SketchUp, although I wouldn't have a clue how to make something like a human figure.  It is much easier to make flat hard objects like this.

I started thinking about it after discussing a sand casting with someone, and thinking how complex the pattern making would have been.  We used to have to do it with wood and needle files, and it could be a tricky process.  You could at least fix mistakes by adding epoxy and filing again.  Then it suddenly dawned on me that you'd use a 3D printer.  Heck, how easy is that?!

Of course I only have the one project, and it would be crazy to buy a printer just for that, but if I can think more uses, I'd quite like to give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Sketchup, but you could look at what model formats you can use to export from Sketchup and  then import the models to Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Of course I only have the one project, and it would be crazy to buy a printer just for that, but if I can think more uses, I'd quite like to give it a go.

When you get your 3D printer, Trevor, you will think of lots of uses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, they are becoming cheap enough to take a risk on them having limited use methinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor - not sure if you've seen any of Paul Trani's 3-D related videos but most of them are here: https://paultrani.com/category/3d-printing/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop with Fuse characters i.e, make the doll version of yourself... always a big hit with students

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love this idea! Can you please show example or more details please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a big fan of 3D printing. My intellectual companion Tyler recently introduced me to the world of 3D printing. Ever since the device was installed in my home I have been simply oozing exuberance at the sight of figurines being brought into this world within my very own home. Incredible.

There is only one word I can use to describe the miracle invention, that is, the miracle invention of 3D printing. That word is: epic.

- Ricky Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arctarus​ what 3D printer would you recommend for a newbie?  Looking to  buy my son one for Christmas, don't want to spend a ton, just because I want to make sure it gets used.  He does Dungeon and Dragons and is very artistic in his creations in photoshop.  I figure he might want to bring them to life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your son is a lucky so and so and he will love making 3d Fuse | Photoshop creations... if he doesn't, you can be my mom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awe, that is sweet. Yes, I do think he will enjoy. Just not sure what

printer to start with. Something good, but not too costly for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cdiaz38369  Do you have any criteria to base your choice on?  Size?  One colour, or multicolour? Will your son be driving the printer from a Mac or Windows OC?

You can use Google the same as we can, and I have no idea how credible sites like the one below are.  I'm thinking you might do better finding a forum dedicated to 3D printing and get some hands on experience reviews.

https://www.3dhubs.com/best-3d-printer-guide

Amazon is a good place to look because you get so many user reviews.  They can't all be fake reviews when there are hundreds of them.  There are 211 reviews for this $229 printer on Amazon as I type this, and 124 answered questions. Note it comes as a kit you have to put together, but the Q&As say it is very easy to build.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1J6ZJR7ZX9W9B/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07BR3...This answer

suggests that you need several hours to do a really good job of putting it together

Would you mind coming back and telling us how you got on?  I am sure that several of us are tempted to invest, and the only thing that stopped me buying one so far, is the worry that I might not use it after the initial period of interest has passed, but at $229, it is not to much of a risk, and I have a feeling that the more you use it, the more things you will think of to do with it.

SketchUp is  an excellent drawing tool that will drive a 3D printer.  It was free when I started using it, but I am not sure if that is still the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! He does dungeons and dragons.  So the printing does not need to be more than 7 to 10 inches for now. This I am hoping is just a starter printer. If all goes well and he ventures into the creation part, then we will upgrade as needed.

Windows based computer,  not a mac.

Yes Amazon is where I have been looking and have read some reviews. Plus Amazon will be much easier to return if the item doesn't work or something goes wrong.

Some have for the most part, really good reviews. But I still read the bad reviews even though percentage is small. And some of those are a bit alarming.  Lol

Do you 3D print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading the link now on 3d printing! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for professional grade 3D printing: https://3dprint.lu/

(disclaimer: I know the guys behind this, but I'm not related to them in any way.)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, will check this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got an anycubic kobra 2 neo for the holidays and need to make a custom print ,how would I do so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Original Prusa i3 MK3 is indeed a popular 3D printer known for its reliability and quality prints. When it comes to using design software to drive 3D printers, SketchUp is compatible, and it can export STL files, which is a common file format used in 3D printing.

3D printer and chosen materials when deciding what to create. The Prusa i3 MK3 is a versatile printer suitable for a wide range of applications, making it a good choice for hobbyists, enthusiasts, and professionals alike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines