• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A Place to post work for critiques and learning techniques

Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another forum (Photoshop), a post was made with a request for responses. I think that's a GREAT learning idea! Wouldn't it be great to have a forum location to share their work and learn by critique? Critiques can include feedback on how well the work was accomplished - but additionally about learning efficient, powerful, non-destructive techniques to accomplish their wishes. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most users only goto the one forum they like so Photoshop people hang out in the Photoshop forum and never know whats happening in the Muse forum i.e, I don't think another forum space will get you as many viewers but i could be wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock has a dedicated contributor critque forum below.

Stock Contributor Critique

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Adobe Stock has a dedicated contributor critque forum below.

Stock Contributor Critique 

That's a new one on me Nancy.  I just had a quick look and some one was getting excited about their first sale.  I guess you are not going to sell any pictures unless you actually make them available, so perhaps we should start uploading some pictures.

There's the Photography forum, but it only has five threads.  That's five threads ever.   ISTR Benjamin talking about it a while back though.

There's no doubt that a fresh pair of eyes can make some very useful contribution to an image you have spent so long looking at you are not seeing it properly.  Andris Apse is one of our most famous landscape photographers, and he apparently puts aside a finished image for at least two weeks.  Then gets it out again to see if he sees it differently.   My camera club has a Facebook group, and they have picked out some glaring issues with some of my images over the years.  Completely missing reflections, for instance.

So I think it a really good idea, and I am wondering if The Lounge would be an appropriate forum? If it took off and swamped this forum, we could ask for a dedicated one.  I'd support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I thought about this when I saw the thread and was wondering if it should be a sub forum in the Photoshop forum, but then I  thought that would be restrictive. Many images are made with a combination of apps, so why not a "Made with Adobe ....." forum. I would take part.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bert Monroy uses Illustrator as well as Photoshop for his giant illustrations.  I don't know to what extent, but I have read that he makes guides to develop where shadows should fall, and reflections appear.   How about if we start a new thread on the Photoshop forum pointing to this one?  That's going to give a lot more people the chance to add their two cents worth.   I'll do that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Trevor, a good point about "Then gets it out again to see if he sees it differently".

Any kind of imagery (any art medium) is about "feelings/emotions", when finally publish somewhere. (personal or mass market).

Not many in the PS forum talk about this in their posts, so, a dedicated forum could be interesting "if the poster explain the (feelings/emotions) that he want to transmit". I dont want to see this as a "portfolio" either (one image per post), there's already many ways to do this. I think the technical part of PS is well manage in the Photoshop forum.

Dave, I kinda was out for a while, and needed to modify my account, so I lost all my accumulated points on the PS / Adobe forums.

Pierre

Creative Director / Provocator Agent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the stock thread is for selling images in adds so;

white girls

big boobs

clean skin

no other faces in the back ground

no logo ie coke, honda, Asus etc

and no "merry christmas"... to be fair Adobe has started to move away from the all girls must be white and thin rule but the point is that this forum is not really about "is it a good photo" so much as "will add people purchase it"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

...the point is that this forum is not really about "is it a good photo" so much as "will add people purchase it"

There's a lot of truth to that.  But it's probably true of all Stock image houses.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

"will add people purchase it".

Never had to purchase imagery from "stock", but have spend a lot of money hiring (photographers and other artists), to work on my projects.

Pierre

Creative Director / Provocator Agent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a lot more on the Photography forum if you look at "All Content", Photography

It used to be bustling with people posting stuff they created, until Adobe said "Anything you post on our site becomes the property of Adobe". It dried up real fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Semaphoric  wrote

It used to be bustling with people posting stuff they created, until Adobe said "Anything you post on our site becomes the property of Adobe". It dried up real fast.

That's a misunderstanding, as I tried (unsuccessfully) to point out in a copyright thread in the ACP forum recently. Under the Berne convention, which the US and 171 other countries have signed, the author of any intellectual work has automatic and unqualified copyright to that work. This copyright exists from the moment the work is published in any form, and does not require any action of any sort (such as registration or a copyright symbol).

As author, you can grant others usage rights. You can share your copyright by agreement, but it cannot be taken away from you without your consent.

I'm not a copyright attorney and I haven't read the fine print. But I honestly don't think there's any reason to panic over this. Adobe isn't going to "steal" your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a forum comes under fair use... the same as a news paper, however images sent to fackbook DO belong to them unless you use the special account. if you want to sell images on Adobe stock (and they are rejected) then you post your image in the stock critique thread and people will try to explan why that image wasn't up to standard. perhaps your model has a U2 t-shirt or the car number plate in the background that can be edited out but in most cases it just didn't pop as an image

p.s, I'll add this thread as an example to people looking for "what works!"... these are images that did sell

Re: Show your last sale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ussnorway  wrote

p.s, I'll add this thread as an example to people looking for "what works!"... these are images that did sell

Re: Show your last sale 

That's really useful.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines