• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Jenson Pro Opticals Caption: Colon malformed?

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2009 Jul 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Adobe Jenson Pro Opticals. When using the Caption font (at any size) I notice that the two dots in the colon are not separated: they're on top of each other.  The other fonts all work.

I've attached an illustrator file and an attached png, with the colon at two point sizes and a duplicate converted to outlines.  What's up?

Edit: these are the OTF fonts, purchased mid-May.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I'm sorry to confirm that this is a bug in version 2.025 of the family. We're expecting to release a fix in August.

We currently don't have an easy mechanism for delivering font updates to users. This is because the majority of our users get their fonts from resellers (e.g. MyFonts), from our OEM partners (e.g. Fonts.com) or bundled with applications, and few register the fonts with Adobe. As a result, we don't have customer records for most of our

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I'm sorry to confirm that this is a bug in version 2.025 of the family. We're expecting to release a fix in August.

We currently don't have an easy mechanism for delivering font updates to users. This is because the majority of our users get their fonts from resellers (e.g. MyFonts), from our OEM partners (e.g. Fonts.com) or bundled with applications, and few register the fonts with Adobe. As a result, we don't have customer records for most of our actual customers. However, when users contact Adobe Customer Support with a known problem that has been fixed in a newer version of a font, Customer Support will arrange to get them the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response!  I'm glad that there will be a fix reasonably soon.

I bought the font through the Adobe Store.  Do you happen to know whether the fixed font will appear in the Download section of my order history?  If not, I'll just schedule a calendar item to contact Customer Support.  Either way, thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, but I doubt it. Contacting Customer Support will definitely work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2009 Sep 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question: should I contact technical support or customer service?  I'm talking to technical support right now and they seem confused.

I've put in a support ticket in the customer support portal, but it's been sitting a week and no response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, my call to technical support ended in them telling me to open a case on the web.  The case I opened on the web was forwarded a couple times, and ended in them telling me to call technical support.  I might try the customer service line now, but does anyone else have an idea on the right way to get a font upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really sorry for all the trouble you had to go through. As I mentioned before, we unfortunately don't have yet a good channel for delivering font updates.

The new version of the family is ready, and you'll be sent the new files shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miguel,

As long as we're on the subject of enhanced and corrected font bugs, do you have any follow up to this old thread:

Any plans to fix i and j in Garamond Premier Pro?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nómar,

Thanks for bringing that up. I've just posted an update on that thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines