• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i am adobe user from myanmar(burmese).

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am adobe user from myanmar(burmese). My porblem is I can't type myanmar unicode font your porduct are not include rendering system for unicode font. So we can't use myanmar unicode font for all of myanmar people. So we can use only non-unicode font. We want to know your porduct are allow unicode font for next update of all of your product. All of myanmar people are hoping for support unicode in adobe product. thanks...(sorry for my bat english)

TOPICS
Font rendering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

That is correct, currently no Adobe software supports correct shaping of Myanmar/Burmese Unicode-encoded fonts. I can't comment about future versions of our products.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can refer to The Typekit Blog | Need a Unicode font?

I am not sure of the Burmese unicode of Adobe.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct, currently no Adobe software supports correct shaping of Myanmar/Burmese Unicode-encoded fonts. I can't comment about future versions of our products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have support for many Asian country as per the language availability.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a staff response?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely Adobe could leverage a shaper like HarfBuzz (like LibreOffice, which does support Myanmar) and be done with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still the situation with Adobe?  I have recently upgraded to CC 2017 and was hoping that I would be able to finally use Unicode Burmese fonts in InDesign, but they still don't seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it has been two years since this was posted, is it still true that Adobe InDesign still does not support Myanmar Unicode fonts?

Using CC 2017, we can only get the Myanmar characters to appear correct when using non-Unicode fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like to see support for Burmese, and started a new thread in hopes of seeing the InDesign team take this forward:

Support for Burmese

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like to add this request for Burmese language support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use Unicode system font in Adobe, install this  font; http://www.mediafire.com/download/thy8z78ig9smd2u/Asoka+Font+Beta.rar

Learn here as well.

https://web.facebook.com/1077523298926690/photos/pb.1077523298926690.-2207520000.1458156472./1131597...

Even Adobe doesn't support Unicode system for Myanmar officially, do not worry. We have now many fonts that can use in Adobe.

Hope this help you a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you; i was able to download the Namkhone Grande font, and it seems to work.  I would like to know if you know anything about the author of Namkhone?  The FB post seems to suggest that it's an opensource font.  Where's the repository?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please you can visit the official website: http://www.namkhone.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, there is a desperate need for proper Burmese rendering fonts in Adobe products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answering the question try to use Zawgyi-One, should be correct but has a only regular font style.

Maybe you know if there is a grep to find Burmese characters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is a large blocker when dealing with Burmese text in InDesign. Adobe is far behind the curve in adoption of Indic font rendering support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a report on the InDesign uservoice page here:

Indic Unicode font rendering is broken in InDesign – Adobe InDesign Feedback

If it gets enough upvotes, the bug might get more attention from the Adobe engineering team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please support Myanmar fonts.  cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I researched to use Myanmar Unicode font in InDesign. Fortunately, I got it. Please download updated "Padauk" font and install it. Now, Padauk font support Unicode 9.0

Direct Download for Padauk Font:

https://software.sil.org/downloads/r/padauk/padauk-3.003.zip

Here is setting in InDesign: Set to 0

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 9.10.54 AM.png

Please choose "Adobe Paragraph Composer".

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 9.12.00 AM.png

Thanks,

Myat Min Lu

(Myanmar Unicode ကိုတွင်ကျယ်စွာ အသံုးပြုစေချင်သူကြီး)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 at 10:04 AM, Myat Min Lu <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still not getting this to work with all Burmese characters.  For example, if I type

ဖြစ်

then InDesign puts the Medial Ra over the second consonant instead of the first.  I am using InDesign 13.0 on Mac OS X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign ကို Padauk နဲ့ အသုံးပြုတာ မရပါဘူး။ သဝေထိုးက နေရာအမှန်မဖြစ်ဘဲ နောက်ကိုရောက်ရောက်သွားပါတယ်။ ဒါကြောင့် ရှာဖွေလိုက်တော့ Adobe ထုတ်ကုန်တွေမှာ သုံးဖို့ Asoka Myanmar Unicode ဖောင့်ရှိတာ သိလိုက်ရပါတယ်။ တကယ်တမ်းလည်း Indesign မှာ Asoka Myanmar Unicode နဲ့ အဆင်ပြေသွားပါတယ်။ တခြား Unicode Font တွေ အဆင်မပြေသေးတာမို့ အကယ်၍ သုံးမယ်ဆိုရင် Asoka Myanmar Unicode ဖောင့်ကို အသုံးပြုဖို့ အကြံပြုချင်ပါတယ်။ 

Asoka Myanmar Unicode font ကို အောက်မှာပေးထားတဲ့ link ကနေ download  ရနိုင်ပါတယ်။

" Fonts and Keyboard" 

မြန်မာစာယူနီကုတ်ကို အသုံးပြုတဲ့အခါ အခက်အခဲတစ်ချို့ တွေ့ရတတ်ပါတယ်။ Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 ကတော့ မူလကတည်းက Unicode Font စနစ်ကို အထောက်အပံ့မလုပ်လို့ ဒီဆော့ဖ်ဝဲမှာ Myanmar 3 font ကို အသုံးမပြုနိုင်ပါဘူး။ Layout Design နဲ့ စာစီစာရိုက်အတွက် ပုံနှိပ်ထုတ်ဝေရေးမှာ အသုံးပြုနေတဲ့ Adobe software စနစ်တွေကလည်း ကျွန်တော်တို့ မြန်မာစာ ယူနီကုတ် စနစ်ကို အပြည့်အ၀ ထောက်ပံ့ပေးနိုင်ခြင်းမရှိတကြောင့် Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator စတာတွေမှာ Myanmar 3 ဖောင့်ကို အသုံးပြုဖို့ အခက်အခဲ ရှိနေတုန်းပါ။ ဒီ Adobe အုပ်စုအတွက် Asoka နည်းပညာ ကနေ Adobe software တွေမှာ အသုံးပြုနိုင်အောင် ရေးသားထုတ်ပေးထားတာလည်း ရှိပါတယ်။ အကျယ်ဖတ်ရှုလိုပါက အောက်ပါလင့် မှာ ဖတ်ရှု နိုင်ပါတယ်။

https://www.facebook.com/asokatechnologies/posts/1596166177366561

Asoka font ကို ဒေါင်းလုပ်ရယူလိုပါက - https://mega.nz/#!pVABjQqY!JaoTnavHlIQyLBx227ZnzxNg1u3K0hydNue6IsqRcbo

Asoka Writer လက်ကွက်စနစ်ကို ဒေါင်းလုပ်ရယူလိုပါက - https://mega.nz/#!sdY10Z6R!cJTIsRj0CQoxKu-9tZ8tbfBIq8LGxjVp0LcpDicTVgE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ေက်းဇူး တင္ပါတယ္ ခင္ဗ်ာ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

သူရိန္

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines