• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type kit replace extensis Fusion 5

Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just about done with Fusion. Everytime I do an update I have to replace plug ins etc and it runs so slow.

Is Type Kit similar? Can I use fonts I already have on my laptop as well as typekit fonts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Typekit is not a font manager. It simply provides a service to assist with fonts that you don't have installed on your system either normally (i.e., not font manager) or in conjunction with a third party font manager such as Fusion (or others).

Typekit only kicks in when you are trying to access a font in Adobe applications that isn't already installed on your system either directly by you, your third party font manager, or previously by Typekit.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Typekit is not a font manager. It simply provides a service to assist with fonts that you don't have installed on your system either normally (i.e., not font manager) or in conjunction with a third party font manager such as Fusion (or others).

Typekit only kicks in when you are trying to access a font in Adobe applications that isn't already installed on your system either directly by you, your third party font manager, or previously by Typekit.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use fusion? I guess my version is out of date and they want me to upgrade, but to be honest I don't like it.

Can you recommend an alternative?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't personally use any font manager on either Windows or MacOS. On the other hand, I am not in commercial production with thousands of typefaces to manage; I do my font management manually, so to speak.

And as an Adobe representative, I cannot really recommend any of these products. Perhaps some other participants in these forums can make their own recommendations for you.

That having been said, most any third party font manager must be updated for any OS updates (especially MacOS) and any version updates to Adobe applications such as InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Your software budget should assume the cost of updating/upgrading the font management software on a regular basis to match the OS and special applications.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines