• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what FONT is this?

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2009 Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me the individual fonts used in the logo? I created this logo for a friend some time back and he needs another version of the same. Since I am an idiot so I lost the PSD and now I have to create it again. Any help will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2009 Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sushaantu Mathur,

WhatTheFont is your friend: http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That site is great and all, but do you know of a site to get fonts for free?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asking where to get free fonts on the site of the prime commercial font supplier, why that's just brilliant, Marissa.

Free fonts are not only usually poorly drawn but often cause software problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2010 Sep 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Tai, you are right, it was a stupid thing to ask, especially on Adobe's site.  I appologize.  You're probably also right that free fonts are likely to be poorly drawn and can cause problems.  I'm sorry and I hope you have a better day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marissa wrote - "You're probably right that free fonts are likely to

be poorly drawn and can cause problems"

Not necessarily. Many professional high-quality designers offer an

occasional free font - usually a single weight from a larger family -

as a sample and an inducement. Some offer entire families. Some

well-known designers offer a substantial portion of their portfolios

at no cost. These include Graham Meade, Chank Diesel, Ray Larabie, and

others.

There are also many instances where you don't necessarily need the

best drawn font. Primarily for use as a one-time specialized or

topical display. For instance, Gilles Le Corre offers a series of

fonts based on printing from the 17th - 19th centuries, and about half

of them are free.

- Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marissa,  I really wish you would have started your own thread, but there's nothing wrong with looking for free fonts, as long as they are legitimately free (and not pirated fonts). If you're looking for open source fonts (which are free in a larger sense of the word) you might start here:

Typophile: Good Libre Fonts. If you're just looking for fonts that are free to use, you might check here Typophile: FAQ: Where can I get free fonts?.  If you want to better understand why free fonts are not always the best choice, you might read over Yves Peters' series of articles on free fonts on FontShop's FontFeed blog.  Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that I didn't start a new post, but thank you both for your comments.  After doing some searching online I noticed that one of the main problems with free fonts is that they are often lower quality, however there are high-quality free fonts out there.

The links provided are great and lead me to some very useful information.  It looks as though it can take a long time to find a good free font that you really like, but often it's better (especially time-wise) to just find a font that you like from a source that sells them.

I've also read warnings about how you can actually pay for a font that really isn't very good, so you need to be careful of that as well.

Marissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2010 Sep 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marissa,

Why not start a new thread which would make the free/paid & good/bad (separate comparisons) font question more visible so others may see it, benefit from it, and contribute to it?

I am convinced it will be worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines