Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

+1 Jive Poor Features

Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(This may behave differently in other browsers?)

Why is it that Jive went to all the trouble of implementing crummy Ajax to load other pages of a thread--but they didn't bother to create 'shortcut links' that scrolls the screen to a user's post (when you click on the username link to see what a post is in reply to).  Instead, what happens for me at least, we get an entirely reloaded page which then scrolls to the post for the link you clicked.  I mean come on: I remember putting together web pages when I was a kid that could do that correctly, without a page reload--and it was easy!!!

New definition of Jive at dictionary.com:

-noun

1) An amateur developer, particularly one who develops web forums in IT. ex. Jives are cheap to hire, but will negatively affect your bottom line unless you have exceptionally dishonest salespeople.

-verb

1) To screw over. ex. Wow, you really jived that company up this time!

-adjective

1) Extremely slow, to such an extreme as to render unusable. ex. These forums are so jive, most of us are going to have to find an alternative now.

2) Deceiving or misleading; dishonest. ex. The jive salesman sold another one of his useless products to an unsuspecting customer.

3) Useless or not worth bothering with. ex. This software is too jive to purchase.

4) Severely wrong morally; excessively punishing. ex. That's jived up man. That's just jived up.

Grammatical and other corrections welcome (just don't be a jive about it)!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<yawn/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I bet Jive is hating you right about now. Then maybe not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines