• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

404 errors on first visit to forums

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got acknolwedgement from Jive that it is a bug in the text editor that is still being worked on.

Can you give me details on the block quote issue? I tried going through some of the other threads, but there is too much noise to find the actual issues.

Also looking for more info on the 404 errors. I had a couple of people email me to say that it was fixed, but others are still reporting it.

Thanks!

[update] Message was edited by: Jochem van Dieten:

Split these messages off from the thread on the Camera icon not working because this is really a different topic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 404 error is still present and annoying in FF 3.5.5.  I get *every* time, without fail when I first load the page.  I load my browser via a bookmark which points to http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments?view=discussions .

In looking at the bookmarked link, I wondered if the "?view=discussions" was having any effect on the 404 errors.  I edited the bookmark to match the exact URL provided by the forum comments link on the main page ( http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments )  and I still get the 404 error.  I must reload the page in order to view any discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have been fortunate in this respect. Unless the forum is about to tank, or I have gone searching on Google for older, pre-changeover articles, I do not get these, on either IE 7, or yet on Chrome.

However, you are not alone in this issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to duplicate the 404 errors with FireFox 3.5.5.

That looks like a valid url.

I made sure I was not logged into Adobe.com or the forums. Closed Firefox. Restarted. Copy/pasted your URL into the address line and was taken right in. All of the avatars showed correctly next to the list of discussions. Clicking on a discussion takes me in with the "status" icon under the avatars showing correctly. (the status icon was one of the images that was always affected by the session ID in its URL).

Can others who are seeing the 404 errors please post the URL they are initially hitting to visit the Forums?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that KathH has the same issue with the 404 error as I do, but given that she has been prevented from replying, I am replying for her.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I am using a bookmark that takes me here

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

and I get a 404 error when I click on the "2 hours ago" button here

Captura.JPG

to get to the last message in this thread. This happens in Safari/Vista, Explorer/Vista and Firefox/Mac first time I use my bookmark after closing each browser. It doesn't happen again if I use the back button of the browser and try again. The URL is the same in all three browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this post in email notifications. But this is what I see in the attached.

what's with the weird a symbols?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably carriage returns or linefeeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never saw those before only in this latest message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The funny A's only show up in email notifi

cation with your messages. Last somment on this subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me details on the block quote issue? I tried going through some of the other threads, but there is too much noise to find the actual issues.

Yes. This goes back to when I was on IE 7. In the editing screen, with the article, to which one is replying below, the user does a Copy, and then Pastes it into the editing box. Select it, and hit the Block Quote icon. Prior to the update, this then stripped any formatting and place the line(s) of text into the gray rectangle, indented for Block Quote.

Update and the same operation usually resulted in the Pasted text being replaced by an empty Block Quotation box. Back then, Ctrl+Z worked on my IE 7, so that was what I would do. Ctrl+V (Paste) again, same text. Block Quote icon usually worked on the second time, but not always.

There were several occasions, where I had highlighted and Copied, say just a line of text, rather than the full message. Most often, the above behavior happened, and did not take for maybe three tries. In the process, at times, when the Block Quote icon was pressed, the full content of the subject post would be placed onto the screen, below a Block Quote box, that was empty. What was odd was that the Clipboard still had just the highlighted, Copied text and NOT the full text from the subject post - where THAT came from is anybodies' guess. I never Copied all of it, but just a line, or two.

I did not count the instances, but had many attempts that took 5-6 tries to get a Block Quote. The odd behavior of getting the full content of the subject post below the empty Block Quote probably happened once per day.

Now, I have not encountered any of this behavior in Chrome. I Block Quote a lot, so I have used the feature extensively, and it has yet to fail.

Those are my observations, and I hope they help. Again, ALL of these behaviors were in IE 7.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Also looking for more info on the 404 errors.

So this has been going on for 2 weeks and Jive is still clueless?

Log in with the "Remember me" option, close browser, open browser, go to preferences panel and remove .adobe.com AUID domain cookie. You now have a jive.history.xxx cookie as the only one for forums.adobe.com and still have a RMID for .adobe.com. Now go to http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments and check any of the lnks in the last post column. They all have a jsessionid in the wrong place in the url.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, I'm not able to replicate this. Let me try again, writing out my steps

Log out of Adobe.com

Log out of Forums

Confirm that it just says Your Account at the very top and I have a Login/Register link in the Forums.

Click Login/Register

Sign in with Adobe ID and password with the Remember Me box checked

Close browser

Open browser

Tools > Options > Privacy remove adobe.com AUID cookie.

Go to http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

Hover over the "last post" links

All look good. Example: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2433586?tstart=0#2433586

I don't see a session ID and the link works

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote on 12/2/2009 11:54 PM:

So far, I'm not able to replicate this. Let me try again, writing out my steps

Log out of Adobe.com

Log out of Forums

Confirm that it just says Your Account at the very top and I have a Login/Register link in the Forums.

Click Login/Register

Sign in with Adobe ID and password with the Remember Me box checked

Close browser

Open browser

Tools > Options > Privacy remove adobe.com AUID cookie.

But did you check whether all your Jive cookies except the history where

gone? (Doesn't even have to be all, jsessionid is enough.)

Go to http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

Hover over the "last post" links

All look good. Example: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2433586?tstart=0#2433586

Nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

adobe-admin wrote:

Also looking for more info on the 404 errors.

So this has been going on for 2 weeks and Jive is still clueless?

Nope, not just two weeks, this has been going on since the very beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, this has been going on (a bug in version 2.5.7) since the forums started. I used to see it regularly, but have not been able to reproduce it since the update. For me, I usually saw it if I got an email notification and didn't have my browser open. I would click on the link in the email, that would open the browser and take me to the discussion and all of the "status" icons under the avatars would show as broken images. If I went back to the list of discussions and clicked on the "X minutes/hours ago" link I would get a 404 and have to reload the page.

So, I do believe you have been seeing it. And I believe that you are still seeing it. But I'm having trouble reproducing it. And that makes it difficult to give a detailed bug report to the engineers.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying. All I can say is that I am still getting it (I tested again before posting this message, without logging out, just closing the browsers). And I am still having my identity changed to Claudio_González as reported elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The identity change is separate and unrelated to the 404 errors. The identity issue should be fixed in a few hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a separate issue, that's why I didn't give a link. And let's hope it will be solved soon as you say; it's most annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When switching on this morning, I found that my identity had been changed in the two browsers in which my 24 hours had expired. And I know that this problem doesn't belong in this thread, but so many different issues are been addressed here...

Addition: After I posted this message (from Safari/Vista), I was taken to the first message of this page, not to its last post.

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just received these t

wo emails:

When switching on this morning, I found that my identity had been changed in the two browsers in which my 24 hours had expired. And I know that this problem doesn't belong in this thread, but so many different issues are been addressed here...

--------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent to: Claudio_González

To post a reply to the thread message, either reply to this email or visit the message page:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/2436960#2436960

and

The green Favicons are back!

But I can insert images.

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/16385/green.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent to: Claudio_González

To post a reply to the thread message, either reply to this email or visit the message page:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/2436988#2436988

The first one says it was sent by myself (it wasn't), while the second appears as posted by John Joslin. And I haven't used my new Claudio_González identity for many days; in fact, I have not even opened its profile.

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking if I receive an email for this message.

I did.

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking again...

No email so far (30 minutes later).

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: addition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update! I was able to somehow reproduce it (when I wasn't trying). Now to figure it out.

Browser: IE8

I did NOT make any changes to my cookies.

I had logged into the forums earlier with Remember Me checked. Read some messages. Closed the browser. Clicked on a link to http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments and then noticed the sessionID in the x minutes ago links.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now I can reproduce it in FireFox.

Previously, I had the FF startup option set to "show my windows and tabs from last time."

When that is set (Toos > Options > Main > Startup) I do not get session IDs mixed in the URLs. But when I set it to "SHow a blank page" and then go directly to http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments I do get the session IDs mixed into the URLs.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines