• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A Death of the Family

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once upon a Time the Adobe Photoshop Forum was a community.  A lot like a family.  There were members who participated daily for a decade or more. Friends. Friends who are now gone, thanks to Jive ware.

A great many of us met one another face-to-face.  Even more have talked on the phone.  We celebrated births of children, new houses, new jobs.  We commiserated over lost jobs, broken marriages, deaths.  We kept up with one another's birthdays.  We had a round robin Christmas card exchange.  Our community, though online, was a real community with daily exchanges, dear friends, like family.  Now gone.  Like a death of the family.

We shared vibrant, energized discussions of how to improve one’s skills using Photoshop.  What one person does not know, another does.  Or did.  The knowledge shared on the Photoshop forum of this day is dismal in comparison.

I personally have owned Dreamweaver about as long as I have owned Photoshop, 11 years or so.  In the beginning I tried visiting the Dreamweaver (Macromedia) forums.  They were cold, devoid of friendship, and uninviting.  No reason to go back there.  I'm not surprised a spirit of community never developed there.  I learned how to use Dreamweaver via the Adobe Photoshop forum.

Now, we old-timers, faithful Adobe customers, are being told that we should put on a happy face and learn to love Jive ware.  We are being told our discontent is the only problem. That this is the only forum that HAS a problem. This forum,  Forum Comments,  where complaints / suggestions on how to improve things  are supposed to be lodged.

We know better.  Jive ware sucks.  It has killed our community and we are supposed to learn to love it.

Also, we are being told there were numerous complaints voiced about recently banned members.

Funny thing about that.  Where are all those numerous complaints?  Perhaps that means there is another forum where these complaints were lodged?  One we, Adobe's customers are not allowed access to?  Or perhaps these complainers managed to e-mail Adobe employees?  Those same employees whose e-mail addresses are not available?

Somehow that does not have a ring of truth.

Or perhaps all these numerous complaints were lodged by one moderator?  That might make sense, if any of this makes sense.

We are told we should ask members why they were banned.  Of course since they are banned, that won't be easy will it?  That is, of course, assuming they have been told.

I must admit that while I am sorely disappointed, I am not surprised with the way Adobe has in the past and now continues to handle one member's complaints about another.

The Adobe way is to take one for a member's complaint about another and ban the accused, without so much as making the effort to contact the accused to find out their side of things.  No matter how serious the charges or how serious the repercussions to the person who has been banned.  No matter if there is not a single word of truth in the accusations.

That sucks even more than Jive ware.

Clearly our former community is of no importance to Adobe. Sorry, I cannot put on a Happy Face.

Paz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 109 Replies 109
Advocate ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my real name, general location, and two email addresses. Not much you're going to find on me...thousands of people have the same name as mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find Mindy, just do a google satellite image of her local area and look for a large amount of parked cars.

Polo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny Mister! But most of them are covered or in my "junkyard" at the farm, so even that wouldn't reveal my secret lair!

Most you will find is my city I live in, but even that is misleading as I do not live within miles of that town.

Marko!

Message was edited by Jochem van Dieten to make hidden content visible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, things are getting really off topic in here. And no posts have been removed. Are you lurking in the shadows?

Marko!

Message was edited by Jochem van Dieten to make hidden content visible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2009 Nov 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the lounge is set to auto purge and delete anything over 30 days or 4 weeks? Seen both still active then, poof gone. Who knows if the threads were saved on a backup server and if not then it would be impossible to provide Mindy the answer that she wants. The evidence to support claims against Mindy and the others no longer exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The evidence has to be there and only available to a Mod. How else did Jochem have the message ID number if it is not saved somewhere?

This is the second time that he has referred me to look up something that only a Mod will have access to and then doesn't answer me when I ask to see it, but rather ignores it thinking it will go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe he will pop in with a cut and paste of the posts for you. I understand your frustration of being thrown under the bus in front of your peers with no way to defend yourself. At least with seeing the posts you will know for sure just what the heck is going on to put your mind at rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you would have taken the time to read previous posts on here. I have tried that and it comes back with a message saying the topic doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't receive emails, I have better things to do than to sort through junk from this site.

The thread in question indeed may have needed to be removed. That is not what I'm pissed about. I'm pissed at the fact that he has called me out and has stated that I was in on some "game" with Kath. Quite frankly I have never conspired with Kath on anything (only know her name and that's about it), so him stating something like that has really pissed me off.

I may have posted in this particular thread in question, but I did not conspire anything and I would like to see the evidence.

If Jochem cannot provide it then he needs to step in and apologize. The fact remains that he found a stupid picture of a snail offensive! So if I said something that he disliked then I have a freaking right to know it! The guy obviously has some kind of social complex syndrome, god forbid he ever see how I tie my shoes as that may offend him!

I see he's posting actively on other forums, so that means he is just hiding from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that's why I use the email notications. If you don't want to save them you can always delete them after you go to link. And you detelete all but the first of each thread and still be able to read al the newsest comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines