Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access forums with email?

People's Champ ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

These forums are such fun. I was in the middle of typing this question first time round when I was jived around a little and asked to log in again -- just like that.

Anyway, the question is: Is it now possible to start discussions and reply via email? Getting everything sent to my inbox, where it's sorted with filters, is easy. But I'm not able to answer (clicking reply results in a delivery failure notification). Nor am I able to initiate a discussion via email by clicking on the "Start a new discussion by email" link in the all forum messages that come into the inbox.

I was able to get the forums software to send me a .vcf file (vCard) which claims to allow discussions to be created by email. But it doesn't seem to work.

Is there some setting I'm overlooking in my forum account, or is this a wild goose chase?

Thank you.

Ariel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't start a new discussion by email but you can reply to any posts by email. If you know what I mean. I am replying to you by email and this is because I receive most posts from this forum so I can reply to you.

Does this answer your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there is progress.

I changed the configuration of my outgoing SMTP server in Thunderbird, and now it looks like I'm managing to send emails (see the 2 blanks ones above).

But they're blank.

I wonder why that is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned in the 2 blank emails, your answer does help because it confirms that email replies are actually possible -- I thought Adobe might have disabled that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to reply with plain text only....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trying to send from Google rather than Thunderbird....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. Plain text seems to work, even via Thunderbird.

And it is also possible to start a discussion via email!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines