Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Help Files

Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally I have seen posted some useful Help sheets from Adobe in response to questions.  But think they are underutilized,  as they are not easy to find,  even if you know they exist. 

I clicked on the Adobe icon and went to Help/Photoshop.  By looking a "Up and Running" and "Top Issues" one can view the fact sheets, expecially if you press "more".

I think each Forum should have a link, such as "Adobe Fact Sheet for Known Problems" that will take you directly to this Help page.  Then make the headings a little more user friendly (informative) for joe and sally six pack.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Curt. Where on the forum do you think would be best to place a link to "Adobe Fact Sheet for Known Problems"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying so quickly.

All the Forums seem to be different, but on the right hand side, either as a sub-heading or a heading, include "Adobe Fact Sheet for Known Problems".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think it would make sense to include it as a link in the "Resources" box? That's where the link is now, but the link is titled "Online Documentation".

See below for what that looks like on the main Photoshop forum page.

help_docs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I never see the screen you show.  Here is what I see.  And there is no Resources section listed.

ps forum.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

Actually I never see the screen you show. 

Why is that? Perhaps because you interact with the forum by emails instead of the website?

Curt Y wrote:

Here is what I see.  And there is no Resources section listed.

ps forum.JPG

That's Photoshop's General Discussion page. Try the main page, http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used e-mail, and frankly hate that option as users do not get edits to reply.

From you link I would be on the page "Photoshop General Discussion".  I have this page bookmarked so this is where I start.

I did click on the online documentation link you circled.  Unless I missed it did not see any known problem fact sheets, cameras supported by ACR, or other help sheets.  Stuff in there was how to use Photoshop.  Good stuff but not the problem I was addressing.

Perhaps this link also needs to be included on the Forum Discussion Page as well.  Do not know how the average user works, they may be just focused in at getting to the forum and look at Choose Your Forum, click, and never read the panels on the right. Or perhaps a heading on the Forum page "useful tips on how to use xxxxx program in Getting Started column" that would refer them back to square one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for the food for thought! Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Discussions mode layout isn't something we can customize on a per-topic level - that's only possible with Overview, which is why that should be set as the default page mode for every forum. If you find one which isn't, please let us know.

Curt Y wrote:

Perhaps this link also needs to be included on the Forum Discussion Page as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Don't understand this as on each Forum Discussion page there is an Actions panel where topics are added like FAQ and Popular Discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave is correct.

Jive (the tech underlying the forum) enables addition of widgets on the overview tabs only; we can't add widgets to any other page in Jive without significant engineering work.

However, Curt's requests are still good for the Forums team to consider for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the email feature. I would be lost trying to keep up with the Topics I want to Read or have posted to. I'd be lost. It was removed I might have to quit the forms. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines