• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ID Server IP ranges?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have around 200 schools all looking to start using Bluefire's ereader iOS app which utilises Adobe's DRM. The app requires activation with an Adobe ID. Unfortunately the vendor of the app has neglected to implement web proxy support. I have written to them and been told they know they need to do it but haven't bothered to set themselves a schedule. Seems utterly lazy as I suspect it isn't rocket science. I even sent them the link to the documentation on Apple's Developer web site. While we await this implementation I wanted to help the schools get on with their business by temporarily allowing direct access to the web services needed to get their ebooks. I've pinpointed the IP addresses of the actual ebook servers but the last roadblock is the initial Adobe ID activation of the app. I've tried to search for a page from Adobe showing the range of addresses they use but couldn't find one. Does anyone know what the best practice is here? Is there a specific range we can open up to allow Adobe ID authentication or is there another workaround for app which refuse to use web proxies?

T.I.A.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really isn't the venue for this question -- the "Forum comments" forum is intended for operational issues associated with the management of the Adobe Forums.

Though...I'm really not sure where you should be posting this.

In any event, I think the normal answer is you talk to your network administrator, and you instrument the device with a packet capture tool and determine what addresses it is trying to access, and then you look up the netblock at http://www.ra.net/query (or wherever) to figure out what the assigned range is, and then lather rinse repeat until it basically all works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums are very confusing and yes I wasn't sure either where the question needs to go. Adobe General seemed appropriate but I appreciate forum comments isn't.

Essentially I am the network administrator. Adobe could be using a massive farm with multiple ranges. All decent big companies publish such details. Microsoft has some great and complete documentation publicly available. It is ridiculous to have to carry out packet capture for a company like Adobe. They should be supporting Enterprises with this already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Large enterprise customers purchase using volume agreements and have techincal support agreements that will that provide them access to necessary technical support resources. In essense you are a customer of an Adobe customer, complaining about Adobe's lack of support. As an organization with 200 schools that are dependent on Adobe services, a technical support contract might seem reasonable. I can imagine many security reasons not to make the information you seek publicly available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines