Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe, please bite the bullet: switch to a real forum software

Advisor ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The current forum software is awkward, unpractical and slow. The Search feature never worked correctly and now, the Read Tracking feature has disappeared, which makes the beast even more difficult to use.

Why not use a standard forum software ? There are a lot of very good forum applications around that are quick, easy to use and that allow making effective searches. A non working search feature in these forums means more work for the support dpt. It seems that Adobe didn't understand this. So I'm wondering why they insist using this very strange thing.

Not made in-house rejection syndrome?

--

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea about the "why", but I do know that, in these more than two years, Adobe has given no sign whatsoever of even the slightest intention of biting the bullet. Quite the opposite, I would say.

And yes, I agree that Adobe has never considered as a bonus the most effective customer service department these forums are.

Sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think there's a company called webcrossing who makes some forum software... hmm, i can't remember what it's called though. it's all so hazy now. like a pleasant dream as it fades when you waken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

i think there's a company called webcrossing who makes some forum software... hmm, i can't remember what it's called though. it's all so hazy now. like a pleasant dream as it fades when you waken.

I so miss that.

And ya know, I don't recall the old forums having quite the issue with spammers that this place seems to. Maybe it's just the bursts of Spam in the ersatz Lounge in the last few days.

Wait! Do I detect an improvement??? No line breaks! Oh, all is forgiven Jive! Only two years. Or is it three? Anyway....

Adobe don't give a rat's bottom about these fora!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kami Bambiraptor wrote:

Wait! Do I detect an improvement??? No line breaks! Oh, all is forgiven Jive! Only two years. Or is it three? Anyway...

HA! A pipe dream, line breaks for me this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The value of these forums is INCALCULABLE to Adobe, in light of the fact that they have contracted their direct support to the lowest bidder in a foreign country (what MORON ever thought of that, anyway?).

But hey, keep throwing it away.  Savvy people can make money on stock that crashes as well as that which increases in value.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All hope abandon ye who enter here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines