Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere CS4 crashes with larger projects

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set-up:

I'm running a fast machine (i7CPU 920@2.67 GHz - it has 4 cores) with lots of ram (12 gig) on a cleanly installed system 7, nothing else running in the background at this point). Three hard drives - main application drive (640 gig) and two raid 0 1 tB drives for video storage.) My graphics card is a GeForce GTX 260. I have updated all computer drivers and am running newest version of adobe CS4 (4.21).

Problem:

Whenever a project gets to a certain size (say 50-80 clips) my computer freezes. I don't have the problem on smaller projects - but when I get near a threashold it continually freezes.  My clips are HD files (1080p and the source files can be between 30 and 50 gigs on larger projects). I don'tbelieve it is a corruption or caompatibility problem as it only happens on larger projects. Same problem happened on Vista as well - don't think it's a windows issue.

Questions:

1. Is there an optimum set-up / configuration for CS4 ( i thought I was close - but obviously I'm not) to account ofr larger files.

2. Any idea why premiere craps out (freezes - mothing happens) on larger projects.

3. Is there a known limit for premiere (I seem to have found it) for either number of clips, size of clips or anything else.

4. Is this unique to PC - I havn't heard of this problem on macs.

5. Is there somewhere you can pay for premiere tech support?

thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is about forums. Try posting here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_current

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_previous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the note. I posted it earlier in the PP forum.

Unfortunately, my post hasn't generated any response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums space is provided by Adobe, but the support is user to user

That means that some other user must see your question (in the correct forum) AND have a solution

You simply need to wait for someone to reply to your question... in the correct forum for Premiere Pro

PS - I just looked, and there are, as of April 8 at 8:20AM (US West Coast time) 5 replies

You simply need to be patient

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As John T. points out, it can take time. Right now, The Masters (Augusta, GA, USA) is being played, so some are probably in front of their TV's, and not reading the forum.

However, one recent post to the PrPro forum was answered in about 30 sec., and then within a minute, four other replies came in. Now, that was an easy one, or so we hope.

I know that Harm Millaard, the hardware guru is still up late and on the forum (from Amsterdam, NL), so maybe he has an answer for your original thread.

Good luck, and see you in the in the PrPro forum.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines