• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe still not paying for Jive support?

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone at liberty to comment on whether Adobe is still relying on the free bulletin-boartd support offered by Jive to the general public, as described in this five-year-old exchange on the freebie board?

Bug in ForumService.getAttachmentsByMessageID() | Jive Community

Hard for Adobe to make a point for the Adobe subscription model when they don't (or didn't) pay Jive for a service contract for these forums.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from trying to start an argument, what's your point?

There are no Adobe staff involved in that JC discussion thread, it's a member of the public asking about the old REST API (which allowed third-party sites to pull message feeds into their pages, now shut down for security reasons). Of course Jive provides 1-on-1 support to their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah! A specious reply if I have ever read one.

Jochem van Dieten was indeed a de-facto representative of Adobe, he was the head honcho forum bouncer in these forums and more closely identified by the public as an Adobe forums operative than you are or have ever been, Dave.

But that is beside the point, and you know it. 

What matters here is not what the terminally controversial van Dietem says, but what the official representative of Jive asserts:  that Adobe at the time had chosen not to pay for a service contract but rather to rely on the freebies of the public forum.

That point is eminently relevant to the glacial speed with which things happens around here when deficiencies and problems are pointed out by members.

If that situation persists, efforts to deflect criticism to Jive fall by the wayside.

Additionally, the OP specifically sought input from "anyone at liberty to comment on whether Adobe is still relying on the free bulletin-board support offered by Jive to the general public". Clearly you are not, or choose not to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nowhere in that thread is there a statement that Adobe had no support contract. The entire conversation is Jochem acting as an individual - asking Jive about a client app he developed for his own use. He's not 'representing' anyone - and makes this clear by saying "My cases are not submitted on behalf of a customer with a SLA". Back then the framework had a public API which anyone could use, just like YouTube or Twitter. Many of us built our own tools, for example to deal with spammers or download messages to read on the train (five years ago, mobile data was expensive). Since he was neither an SBS subscriber nor representing a one, Jochem was using JC to seek help; as would anyone else in his position. The JC forums are full of questions from programmers who don't own a copy of the software, it's what they're there for.

I do see a few confused people asking questions on Jive's site about Adobe because they follow the 'Powered by' link and think - wrongly - that Jive is an Adobe product, but I don't see any Adobe employees on there. Support cases between Jive and their subscription customers are carried out in private. The fact you'll never see them does not prove they don't exist, but I'd love to hear your ideas about how this website can exist if Jive isn't managing it. Where do you think the servers are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, a disingenuous response.

Again, what matters is what Jive says:

Brad Heller wrote on 8/3/2009 11:24 AM:

Sorry for the delay -- some times we get back logged with customers we have contracts with and our free support doesn't get the attention it deserves. [empasis added]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But let's forget about the Jive board exchange, as well as previous posts in this thread.

I know the forms are managed by Jive, otherwise I wouldn't be asking this question.

My OP is still valid when rephrased as follows:

Is anyone at liberty to comment on whether Adobe has a service contract with Jive or whether it relies on the free bulletin-board support offered by Jive to the general public?

That was all.  You can go ahead and lock this thread if you wish, which you know better than I do.

I'm unfollowing the thread and will not be back to bother you further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your quote from Brad he's talking to Jochem. He is not referring to Adobe.

I have answered your original question twice now. Jive subscription customers get full support, period. There's no option not to, the software runs on Jive's network. Customers have no access to the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines