Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe survey crashed my browser

May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While visiting the forums, a pop-up asked me if I wanted to complete a survey on the Adobe site.

I said yes, but it then requested I enable javascript and immediately froze my browser (Firefox 3.6.3). In fact I had to restart the computer to resume my work in the forums.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same message today when trying to view a thread.

Picture 1.png

I clicked, "Yes, I'll give feedback" and then it did nothing...just went directly to the thread. I want to give my feedback!?!?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMAZING...AFTER I left the Adobe site, then the survey pops up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that is the way it is supposed to work. You are asked if you will take a survey when done with the site, and then it doesn't pop up the survey until you leave the site.

Anyone else having a crash?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I refused to take it, and (therefore?) I had no problem. You see, to keep on reporting problems that seem to be affecting only me, and receiving no feedback, is a bit discouraging, and I am not feeling very cooperative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get:

AAAAAAdobe_survey_bug.jpg

There are no buttons to click, no way to exit other than by closing the browser window or browser tab.

Firefox 3.0.19 Mac 10.4.11.   Same happens in Firefox 3.6.x.

Just an annoyance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOLLOW UP:

I traced this behavior to AdBlock Plus being enabled.  Disabling it fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the pop-up query, but was pressed for time, so did not take it.

In my case, I have StopZilla, but also have Allow All Pop-Ups from the Adobe.com sites, so do expect to see those.

Now, I wish I had not been in such a hurry, as I'd like to take the survey today. My bad.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to take that survey as well. Although a fat lot of good it will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Maybe you are being too harsh here - or maybe you have called it correctly.

Now, in the Premiere Pro forum, Adobe did a series of surveys on CS5, about the time they released the CS4.2 update. Some of these were similar, but on closer reading one could see that they were focusing on some aspects a bit more closely with each one.

Predicated on those surveys, most of the items DID make it into CS5, and part of each survey queried on whether users would want full 64-bit support, even if it meant no 32-bit support. As CS5 is only 64-bit, it would seem that the majority chose that, in lieu of a dual OS program, or a 32-bit app. with limited 64-bit. Only a guess, but I would say that in those cases, Adobe was listening very, very closely.

The above mentioned survey?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seemed to me that this survey is geared more towards the website and customer service issues, rather then creative suite feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a URL to go to to take the survey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a google search and found this, dunno if it will work though:

http://help.adobe.com/js/fsrscripts/html/oeFSRInvite.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that it was going to work, but Continue (in Chrome) did nothing. Oh well, guess that I missed it.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, you may get another chance.  Received the

survey request yesterday, filled it out and submitted.  Today I got the same notice.  I declined this time.

I have pop-ups blicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is compatibilty an issue here? because it states there that you version of firefox os already outdate. please do check on the updates on mozilla firefix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No . I tried the link given above  in SeaMonkey, FireFox, Camino, Opera, Omniweb, iiCab, Safari make no difference. Just sits thaere like a bump on a log. you can click okay and the close till your hearts content.

Its just a teaser they put up to say they surveyed user of the forums, and got no responses. Typical of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same result as Userbac610.  I selected OK and then nothing. Even after exiting ste and revisiting I got no screen to answer questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked yes but nothing happened I didn't even get to fill out the survey.

Of course I use email notifications so I don't go through browser and read every post on the forum. I just post the ones I get notification for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the survey.  You have to close alll your windowos as it is behind them all.

I am using the latest Firefox browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I think that link I posted was a waste. I was hoping it would work though (I found it through a google search).

Anyway, I seriously doubt the survey is going to bring forth any changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot address this particular survey, but Adobe DOES use others and they will often be reflected in the various products.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about it Adobe, post that non-existant survey on your website. So we can fill it out so you will know what we really think of the Jive system for forums. I can think of a few pages of comments I'd like to offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so weird how some of you have not gotten this message even once, but I have seen it pop up a dozen times (even though I only filled it out once).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines