• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

And then, where have you disappeared to?

Engaged ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be a very active Adobe forum participant. He used to annoy me and he used to delight me. He most frequently came up with noteworthy answers.

I used to be a regular reader of the Adobe forums too, not so much a participant. Things at Adobe forums changed…

Now with the advent of CS5, I am browsing a bit again to find out the pros and cons and the bugs etc.

Buko! Are you also one of the casualties? I am missing you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is to discuss the forums, not products

You might want to go to a product forum where "Buko" was active and ask there

You should also use Buko in the title of your posting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

This forum is to discuss the forums, not products

You might want to go to a product forum where "Buko" was active and ask there

You should also use Buko in the title of your posting

Buko was banned, along with a few others, so you won't find him on these forums any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Buko was banned, along with a few others, so you won't find him on these forums any more.

This must be serious then.  Was he in some gross professional misconduct situation?  Normally this only happens if one has sex with 144 nuns but I doubt if Buko was into this!  Perhaps god knows better!

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is very serious. Buko was one of the

many casualties in a war that so far brute force seems to be winning. Two years of ideas and suggestions for the new version of the forums were first simply ignored, and then conveniently erased (by "error").

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DWILCOX01 wrote:

This must be serious then.  Was he in some gross professional misconduct situation?  Normally this only happens if one has sex with 144 nuns but I doubt if Buko was into this!  Perhaps god knows better!

Buko... along with many others were banned when they objected to heavy-handed policing in this particular forum and, largely, by a couple or so particularly heavy-handed moderators. Sadly, in the process, the Adobe forums lost some great contributors in various of their forums. Others dropped out due to the killing of the NNTP access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote on 6/8/2010 5:59 PM:

Buko... along with many others were banned when they objected to heavy-handed policing in this particular forum

Buko was banned when he overstepped the boundaries of the probation he

got for fighting a vendetta with another forum participant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

…You might want to go to a product forum where "Buko" was active and ask there…

Actually, Buko was exceedingly active in this forum here—and that turned out be his misfortune, precisely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, would not be too soon to lift their ban.  That is, if they care enough to contribute here after the shoddy treatment some received.  It's not reasonable to ban the most knowledgeable and helpful people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it

would seem that those responsible for these forums are so

convinced that they did the right thing, that they would not even dream of re

vising the situation of any of the banned participants. Violence generates more violence, and most of the banned ones are quick tempered, so their expulsions were unavoidable once the situation began to escalate. Sadly, many more have been gradually leaving the forums on their own afterwards, and there is no longer the sense of community characterizing the old forums, whith in-depth discussions of important aspects of the different products, from which everyone learned something.

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Unfortunately, it

would seem that those responsible for these forums are so

convinced that they did the right thing, that they would not even dream of re

vising the situation of any of the banned participants. Violence generates more violence, and most of the banned ones are quick tempered, so their expulsions were unavoidable once the situation began to escalate. Sadly, many more have been gradually leaving the forums on their own afterwards, and there is no longer the sense of community characterizing the old forums, whith in-depth discussions of important aspects of the different products, from which everyone learned something.

ditto john. ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the ban is lifetime and there are no reprieves.  Seems a bit extreme considering the banned include some (nearly all) of the most helpful people.  Makes no sense to me.  Reminds me of the ridicules zero tolerance rules that gets a girl suspended from school for having a single Midol tablet on her person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q Photo wrote:

So, the ban is lifetime and there are no reprieves.  Seems a bit extreme considering the banned include some (nearly all) of the most helpful people.  Makes no sense to me. 

Guess it was an ego problem... and a quick-trigger finger on the delete button...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

. . . . Sadly, many more have been gradually leaving the forums on their own afterwards, and there is no longer the sense of community characterizing the old forums, whith in-depth discussions of important aspects of the different products, from which everyone learned something.

There has been at least one forum participant. That has said they have no interest what so ever in a sense of community any kind of support forum. That if they want a sense of community the go to the local pub or resturaunt and hang out with real friends.

Evidently, everfyone is supposed to unfriendly. Just answer as if they don't care whether the person asking the question pays attention or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q Photo wrote on 6/10/2010 1:14 PM:

Now, would not be too soon to lift their ban.

People were banned for specific behavior. As long as they have not made

a credible statement that they will not revert to that behavior again,

never would be too soon to lift the ban.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

Q Photo wrote on 6/10/2010 1:14 PM:

Now, would not be too soon to lift their ban.

People were banned for specific behavior. As long as they have not made

a credible statement that they will not revert to that behavior again,

never would be too soon to lift the ban.

You mean, sort of begging on their knees? While banned?

If I was banned, I don't think I would be willing to beg to be redmitted. Even if I knew how to do it while banned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the given a formally written email detailing what the moderator thought was the reason(s). So they would know what they were banned for?

If they don't know what they did. How can they beg for forgiveness?

Plus that's a tall order for one to do any way, if they have any pride in themselves. That that does is show they are wimps, they can be grovelled into submission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on guys. This was discussed to death already...

Agreeing to act cordially is not exactly begging and grovelling!

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote on 6/10/2010 5:11 PM:

Jochem van Dieten wrote :

>>

>> People were banned for specific behavior. As long as they have not made

>> a credible statement that they will not revert to that behavior again,

>> never would be too soon to lift the ban.

You mean, sort of begging on their knees?

If people think they can make a credible statement that way I am sure

something can be scheduled. Though I would personally be opposed to

lifting the ban for anybody who does so: I want to know about future

behavior, not about past behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...a credible statement that they will not revert to that behavior again...

Jochem, I am an old man, and I could not possibly promise truthfully that I will not react the same under similar circumstances. Whatever the circumstances and whatever my reactions were. And I fear that many younger people may feel the same.

Though I would personally be opposed to lifting the ban for anybody who does so: I want to know about future behavior, not about past behavior.

But they were banned for past behaviour, not for future behaviour.

The doors do seem to be closed for ever, and most probably also from the other side. Time to stop daydreaming, then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who cares anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, not you. You seem to be satisfied with the forums as they are, and not to need the kind of help those who have left or have been banned could give.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gone but not forgotten.  

gbnf.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two out of the top five banned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines