Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying Forum Problems

Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only view the first page of the forum.  When I click the link to the next page, it merely reloads the first page.  Also, when I log in, it dumps me out on a page with links to all the forums, even though I was already in the Photoshop Mac forum.  This means more navigation to return.  And why do I have to log in every day?  These are some pretty lame behaviors for a serious software company's forum.  What gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary Politzer wrote:

What gives?

If only we knew!

We are being kept in the dark and not even fed like the mushrooms.

Maybe when Adobe staff get back from their R&R ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What gives?

this forum software is a piece of shiete with a pretty bow on it. that's what gives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good example of a successful forum software is Apple Discussions.  It looks like Adobe may have invested in a mediocre solution.  Or maybe they will get this ironed out over time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIU Adobe is using the same software as Apple. These are huge web applications and not many hosts have as many visitors  in a day accessing such software; I doubt even Apple does. It takes a while to set things up properly and tweaking will be constant for several months I'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you are right.  Jive Software seems to be in use in both cases.  So this means it's a matter of tweaking & refining, as you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://webcrossing.com/home/customers.htm

Cisco Systems

Edmunds

WebMD

Hewlett Packard

RedHat

Reader's Digest

aw hell, partial list:

Technology
Agilent
Alias Systems
Apple Computer - Japan
Convio
Cisco Systems
FileMaker
Intuit
The Mathworks
Punch! Software
Gridiron Software
Texas Instruments
Business
American Trucking Association
APS Healthcare
Bellsouth 
British Aerospace
The Coaches Training Institute
Citicorp
Kaiser Permanente
Kimberly-Clark
Nikon
Michelin Tire
Sherwin-Williams
Sony/BMG
Verizon
Media
ABC TV
BBC Worldwide
BMG Entertainment
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Dow Jones & Co.
Edmunds.com
Gannett Media
Harlequin Enterprises
Lifetime Television
The New York Times
Prentice Hall
Time Magazine
The Toronto Star
Readers Digest
Time Warner
USA Today
WebMD

Education
Boston University
Carnegie Mellon University
Cornell University
Harvard University Graduate School of Education
Harvard Medical School
Johns Hopkins University
George Mason University
Lakeland Catholic Schools
London School of Economics
Loyola Law School
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Purdue University
Stanford University Graduate School
Tufts University
Tulane University
University of California, Berkeley
University of California, Los Angeles
University of Minnesota
University of Pennsylvania
University of Wisconsin
Ysleta Independent School District

it's not that it WON'T work it's that adobe can't make it work or won't pay to get someone to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the page in this forum, it says "Adobe Forums Powered by Jive Software's Clearspace ® 2.5.7."  A little Googling produced the suggestion that Apple Discussions uses Jive Software also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. i'm saying they USED to work fine and were powered by web crossing. the line that web crossing CAN'T handle it, is bunk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate the Apple forums as well. now I know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's getting a little dizzying carrying on this discussion in 2 locations.  I actually like the Apple Discussions, and certainly wasn't in love with the old Photoshop Forum powered by Web Crossing, although it was mostly a matter of styling, line-height, and so forth.  Hopefully Adobe will get this new forum settled down soon, and it will be more usable.  I don't know why the Topic Title has to fill half the page, and there is so much wasted white space and gratuitous graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser? What plugins are you running?

I have observed that the paginator breaks while running PithHelmet in Safari. (PithHelmet is ad-blocking software that apparently blocks a Javascript it shouldn't.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Safari 4.  No plugins. The problem has been fixed since I posted last night.  Paginator is now working.  Looks like Adobe is on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2009 Jun 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem has returned.  After reading a post or 2, & returning to the Forum, pagination links don't work unless the page is refreshed.  Safari 3.2.3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines