• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another Doppelganger

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had my account taken over by a Doppelganger again!

My original account, opened on 11 August 2002 has become Alan Craven GIT8UY.

I now have a new account created (not by me) on 12 February 2011 for Alan Craven.

I have tried the steps in the FAQ several times without success.

Can someone sort this please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Alan,

I'll bet that Adobe-admin will have that bad boy under control in no time.

IIRC, this is the second, or third time, that you have had this issue, fairly recently. Wonder what there is about your ID, that dopplegangers like so much? I had this happen, way back when, but only once, and about the time of a Jive update, some years ago. Oh, then there was my "disappearing ID," where suddenly (in the middle of posting), my old log-in was re-set to my e-mail address - somethiing that had never been used before. Took Adobe-admin a few goes to fix that one, but part of that might have been our "guessing" as to what the log-in might have been changed to. Think we tried 3 different e-dresses, before we found the right one, along with a dozen other possibilities from over the years.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first report I've seen since the update in September. Can you try signing out and back in and let me know if clears up?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the doppleganger issues did seem to disappear, after the upgrade.

Maybe this is were-doppleganger, who came out with the Full Moon last night?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My doppelganger has been aound since February.  I just thought that with the software update I might get it sorted!

All the log in and out has achieved is the same as when I tried it before - it has changed the characters after my user name - it is now Alan Craven-Y3Asuo.

Oh, except that having checked on other forums, my correct username which dates from Feb this year has now become the new faulty one as well??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another log out, closing the browser, re-opening it and logging in again has restored my username to the correct Alan Craven, with the correct join date, but all my recent posts are now ascribed to the new faulty username - Alan Craven-Y3Asuo.  Also my total number of posts is way below what it should be.

Success in part, at least I have got my life back!

Thanks for the help and good wishes, guys!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan. Yes you have a duplicate account.

Right now the active account appears to be your original (registered in 2002) account with 170 messages.

The duplicate with the –y3Asuo on it was created in Feb 2011 and has 58 messages.

Which one do you want to keep using? I’m not aware of a way to merge two accounts into one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, the original, 2002 one, please.

I have logged in and out again a couple of times this morning and I now seem to be fixed on the correct 2002 account, with my post Feb 2011 posts appearing as from my Doppelganger.

As Bill commented earlier this is the third time that I have had this problem.  Let us hope that the new software has this sorted.

Thanks for your help.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines