• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another one I had not experienced

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2009 Nov 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the two ways that I know of going to the last message in a thread is working for me in this one:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2377563?tstart=0#2377563

I have tried in Firefox/Mac and in Safari/Vista.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Please provide:

- link to the thread (not to a message);

What I gave is what I get in the top line of my browser when I open the thread. This is what I get when I copy a link to a specific message 5., so I don't know what I am expected to provide.

- you browser details;

Safari 4.0.3 at this moment, although I also got the same in my Mac.

- link target of the links you tried;

Sorry, I don't follow you. With the thread closed, I clicked on the "XX minutes ago" of the Last post column. With the thread open, I clicked on the Las post button. Nothing happened in either case. Is this what you need?

- configured preferences;

In my browser, in the site? In any case, I have not changed anything in my preferences in either computer since the new forums were implemented.

- whether you are logged in,

Unless I have given powers to post while not logged in, yes, I am logged in.

Correction: I have just checked again after posting my message, and I see that clicking on "XX minutes" takes me to the first post. Clicking on the Last post button still produces no effect.

Message was edited by: Claudio González.Reason: addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. Last post not working in the specified thread... FF3.5.5

shunithD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem, the effect I reported disappeared earlier this morning when two new messages were posted and a second page was created in the thread, so maybe it's now too late and not worth it to dig any deeper in the problem. In any case, and just to complete the information you are asking:

• in my opening message I said that I had seen the problem both in Firefox/Mac and Safari/Vista so yes, it's Safari 4.0.3 for Windows Vista.
  • my preferences have always been local time (GTM-4) and flat view.
  • the exact behaviour is as described in my previous message. That is: if I I tried to open the thread by clicking on the "XX minutes ago" button of the Last Post column, I was not taken to the last message posted but to the first. And, with the thread open, clicking on the Last Post button produced no effect whatsoever.
  • for what it's worth (not much I suspect), here is what I am getting now if I copy those two links: 59 minutes ago and Last post.

Finally, I wonder if the link I gave in my opening message (http://forums.adobe.com/message/2377563?tstart=0#2377563) could have been the one I got when I tried to open the thread on the last message by clicking the "XX minutes ago" button and was taken to the first message instead.

Well, at least now I know what you expect me to report if I ever see the same effect again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Please provide:

- link to the thread (not to a message);

- you browser details;

- link target of the links you tried;

- configured preferences;

- whether you are logged in,

Hello Jochem,

I'm getting the same issue again, but in a different thread.

• Link to the thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/519207?tstart=0
  • Browser details: Safari 4.0.3 for Windows Vista
  • Link target of the link I tried: Last post (in the first page) and 8 minutes ago in the list of topics. In both cases, I am taken to the first message on the second page.
  • Configured preferences: Local time (GMT-4), flat view.
  • Yes, I am logged in.

Also, I have been unable to post a new message after my last one (#98 at the time of posting this message). Everything works normally, but when I am taken back to the discussion, there is no new message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the reason for not been taken to the last post would be that the software is trying to take me to messages I cannot see?

And no, I'm in no hurry to see my last messages, so I won't bother to change views. Thanks for the tip anyway. And of course you can delete all the messages I posted unnecessarily, which would be all after message #99?

Could it be that the invisibility of the last posts is in some way related with a failure to create a new page for some reason, perhaps because of deleted posts? Just a wild idea from a complete ignorant in the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks. And you get my 10 points...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we have 104 messages and a third page, but I'm still not taken to the last message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back to normal now, except that I am seeing 111 messages posted, but only 109 replies reported. Shouldn't deletions produce fewer posted messages than reported replies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem again, but now in this thread?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/471296?tstart=0

I cannot go to the last post or see my recently posted message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see all Jochem's posts here have been deleted!!?? What gives? Is someone doing unto him like he's done unto others? (But makes no sense in this case...)

PS: Claudio... someone reading this thread for the first time will think you're mad!!!

1/ You seem to be talking to yourself

2/ And on top of that you're quoting non-existent posts!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

shunithD wrote:

I see all Jochem's posts here have been deleted!!?? What gives? Is someone doing unto him like he's done unto others? (But makes no sense in this case...)

PS: Claudio... someone reading this thread for the first time will think you're mad!!!

1/ You seem to be talking to yourself

2/ And on top of that you're quoting non-existent posts!!!

No, I don't normally talk to myself in writing and in a public forum, and I declare myself unable to quote non-existent messages .

Let's hope that at least my last post is answered?

(I see I had forgotten to report that, as before, the problem disappeared when a new page was added).

Message was edited by: Claudio_González. Reason: addition

And I didn't type my name in the line above, it was already inserted, underscore included.

Message was edited by: Claudio_González. Reason: second addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines