• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone else get SPAM from Hongkong Koon Technology Ltd?

Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way the emails are displayed on these forums is an attractant for spam email trollers. the way it was hidden in the WebX forums resulted in no Spam for me. I noticed Dov and a few others that supplied email have also been SPAMed.

At closer inspection I'm getting much more SPAM from everyone.

I know all these SPAMs are because of the new forums because I only use the address they are coming to with my adobe account.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your email is shown to me as (Private) buko...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko,

What I did was incorporate my email address information as part of the image in my profile.  No way a spam bot can harvest that sucker, but a determined human being can re-assemble my email address from that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's because I just changed it dave.

and Ramón that is exactly what I just did. but I can't believe there is no space like in the old user profile to ad text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your email only shows up on mousing over profile when you do it - I see (private).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, but if you set it to public then it really is that, public for all the spam bots to harvest instead of being protected under a button or something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath that's because I just set it to private.

Jive provides no space to write buko at bybuko dot com unlike the old webX forums.

what I have done is add it to my image in my profile. I shouldn't have to go to all that trouble.

I don't mind people I'm trying to help email me files but I don't want extra SPAM from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got one this morning as well. At least I now know where it's coming from and will have to change my preferences as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines