• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are all threads being moderated by a live moderator or an automatic device?

LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like everyone else I receive approved messages for my posts replying to a new poster. I have taken that post delay for granted as part of the cannot fight forum routines.

The other day, I received my first and only reject for one of my posts. There was nothing different or wrong about this post. No reason for it to be rejected. The bizarre part of this, the rejection was for one of my posts posted about 2 weeks earlier, was approved then, exists in the thread to this day, and even was marked correct answer.

So, my question is "Who do I ask why - a live moderator or an automatic device?"

ATR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the link to the problem message

The anti-spam process is automatic for all messages... I do not know exactly how it works (owned by Jive, information not to be shared with the mere mortals such as I) but enough employees and volunteer Moderators are "usually" on duty around the clock so a message that the anti-spam module puts in moderation is reviewed and either released or rejected on a reasonably quick basis

Other moderation messages are put there when someone clicks to report a message for some reason... again, an employee or Mod will look and release or reject... I can't speak for other Mods, but I do know that I have very rarely rejected or edited a message (removing a serial number or other private information that someone new has posted is fairly common) but I have posted links in the Moderator area asking an employee to read and tell me what to do about a problem (one time that has resulted in me, since I was "first on the scene" sending a warning that the person would be subject to having their Forum account deactivated if they persisted)

Without a link to the problem message, there is no way anyone can do more than guess why something was rejected... so do post the link, and the message number within the thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith

Thank you. I really do need your help very much on this. Overnight I received another of those reject email notifications. There is no reason for it. I need this stopped.

This is a link to the reject that came overnight. Video shifting

Will you be able to see the reject message which is post 3

Just in case, here is a copy/paste of it

3.  Re: Video shifting

AT Romano    Community Member

Your reply was rejected by a moderator. Please edit your reply and resubmit it for approval.

snagswolf

We need to know what kind of .avi file this device is recording. AVI is just a file extension (wrapper format) for the video and audio compressions. The video and audio compressions can be different .avi to .avi under the .avi wrapper. And, some do not fare well in Premiere Elements. Please find out what type of .avi you have.

GSpot readout  GSpot Codec Information Appliance

or

MediaInfo readout (Tree View)  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

Worse case is probably Xvid.avi,

MediaInfo can serve two purposes - tell us the video and audio compressions. And, it can tell us whether or not this device is recording with a variable frame rate instead of a constant one. If you find 3 frames rates listed for the file in MediaInfo video readout that = variable frame rate with which Premiere Elements has problems. Typical solution is to obtain the H.264.mp4 with the variable frame rate into HandBrake to obtain the H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate which you take into Premiere Elements project.

https://handbrake.fr/

Let us rule in or out these basic issues, and then we can get more specific with what is going on in the workspace with Time Stretch and the rest.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....from what I can determine this is a 1280 x 720 @ 30 progressive frames per second from your description...I might suggest a different project preset moving forward. But, for now I want to see the details mentioned above. Is there an orange line over your Timeline video content when you first drag that content to the Timeline?

I am going to repost the above and determine if I get another reject.

Thanks for your help on this.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith

Add On to my post 2.

As I mentioned at the end of my post to you (numbered 2), I posted the exact message (actually a copy/paste) that got rejected overnight in a new reply in the thread cited. It went in without any moderator message, no rejection...do you see that.

What is going on in this situation?

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Messages that contain certain trigger elements will be sent for pre-authorization. Your replies do contain those elements but it's borderline, so the first one was queued and one of the moderators incorrectly rejected it (sorry but it happens, we have a huge number of employee and volunteer mods, not all of whom take enough care when reading the pages and pages of submissions we get every day). The second reply just slipped under the wire - the filter system is dynamic so the trigger point is constantly changing, based on the global spam activity across several thousand websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Merchant

Thank you for the reply.

All of my posts are informational and non promotional and links are to free software which I have posted thousands of time before in these Adobe Forums. These free links relate to key elements of the troubleshooting strategy which has been working over the years to the present time. The posting issue that is forcing me to post for Help is a new problem. Has the system recently changed in this regard?

I am a visitor, a hobbyist, who comes to share Elements troubleshooting gained first hand. I have nothing to promote or sell. I am not affiliated with Adobe in anyway nor with any other company (photographic, video, or otherwise). I have a free blog with no ads, no registration, where I post my detailed how to observations. I gain nothing there but sharing. I do not promote myself, rather the troubleshooting needed to get Elements to work. I remain under the phantom ATR.

Consequently, when you apply the word borderline to elements in my post, what am I to do to avoid the hassle under these circumstance, tell the user to do a Google Search? These post contents were OK for years, why now? All these replies come with edit and re-post for consideration, but the message does not include what needs to be edited.

Referring to last night's reject...please see post 2, all I did was to copy/paste the whole unedited content into a new post in that thread and it was entered automatically without any problem. Now when I go into that thread, I have the reject above it glaring at me. Can I delete that only the reject from the thread or will that create more problems for me and the originator of the thread? If you can as an administrator, please remove just the reject from the thread for me.

So far, in the past several years, there have been 2 of these instances (and those within the last week or so). I would appreciate it if you could determine if there have been system changes in that time which are creating this type of situation. If there are, please determine if they can be corrected.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted your wrongly rejected post, Please check the thread to see if that caused any other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KJerryK

I have checked the thread involved, and all is OK now.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines