• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

At least they're trying?

People's Champ ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a call from a Jive technician (who was given my number by John). They're working on speed improvements it seems. We spent about 10 minutes (he managed to get to see my screen on his computer. He also asked me to install Firebug). The main point I made was that logging in every day is unnecessary and very slow. Also, I mentioned that a quick reply box would speed things up a lot. The actual speed of going from one forum to another and opening threads is okay. Average. He took note of all the points...

FYI.

Ariel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's good. I do hope he gave them Jochem's number too, that would get the email issues sorted and probably plenty more. As long as the Jive folk first listen, then ACT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's good. I do hope he gave them Jochem's number too, that would get the email issues sorted and probably plenty more. As long as the Jive folk first listen, then ACT!

Funny you should say that, I was thinking exactly the same thing myself. I'm not a major user of these forums and Jochem, and many others here, would have had a lot more to say than I did. I wonder how many others they've called.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arïel wrote on 2009-07-20 21:16:

>> Well, that's good. I do hope he gave them Jochem's number too, that

>> would get the email issues sorted and probably plenty more. As long as

>> the Jive folk first listen, then ACT!

Funny you should say that, I was thinking exactly the same thing myself. I'm not a major user of these forums and Jochem, and many others here, would have had a lot more to say than I did. I wonder how many others they've called.

They are investigating the performance issues of the web interface.

Since I hardly use the web interface, and when I do do not experience

performance issues, I have no useful input for them.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but you could sort out the email issues for them. If they wanted to listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sure they weren't just Jivin' you, man !?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sure they weren't just Jivin' you, man !?

Pretty sure not. Here's the link he used to set up an Acrobat Connect Pro meeting: http://jivesoftware.acrobat.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they should also investigate the look of the forum with some of the usability tweaks installed to see if they can hardwire them into the system instead of the current duct tape and paperclips stuff we've done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, they're just jiving with you.  The login issue is supposedly Adobe's problem so I doubt it's even on Jive's list to think about.  I know you're trying to do the right thing and be helpful but most likely this thing is beyond hope.  Even Lt Data would be intimidated at the length of the bug list.

Let's just point out a few things:

-They are having users/customers assist them with extremely common reproducable problems they could test themselves, so clearly they do not spend nearly enough money on testers...or test plans..

-Users/customers not using Firefox get no consideration since they only seem to develop on Firefox (install Firebug?) and obviously only do minimal testing in other browsers... if they even test more than two.

-Quick reply could make things even worse as it's just more jived up client side javascript code, and they are clearly incompetent at writing such (helps to have an actual test plan too)

-Quick reply shouldn't be necessary anyway - basically this is saying that the way to fix the slow speed and problems with the text entry component is to avoid it entirely (might as well just remove it if it can't be fixed)

-I can't wait to see if the toying around with fancy JavaScript optimizations, which may not even be possible, introduces new bugs or "new Jive features"

As long as they're paying for maintenance on this rubbish Adobe is just throwing money at the problem and hoping it'll go away, we'll see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote on 2009-07-20 21:47:

The login issue is supposedly Adobe's problem so I doubt it's even on Jive's list to think about.

The issue with being logged out while typing a reply (instead of much

earlier) is Adobe's issue. But the length of a session is under Jive's

control.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But combining the shop and the forums was adobe's stupid idea!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't afford that additional Blade Server to run the sperate sign in database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, provided my system specs to try to help figure out the forum slowness issue.

I sure hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Ansury wrote on 2009-07-20 21:47:

The login issue is supposedly Adobe's problem so I doubt it's even on Jive's list to think about.

The issue with being logged out while typing a reply (instead of much

earlier) is Adobe's issue. But the length of a session is under Jive's

control.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

Good clarification-- the main problem is Jive's fault. Shocking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least they're trying?

hmm... from here "trying" looks an awful lot like "doing nothing much at all".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

At least they're trying?

hmm... from here "trying" looks an awful lot like "doing nothing much at all".

Exactly.  Once again, I am impressed by your brilliance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I would tell my mum I was trying, her answer was always "yes you are very trying"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines