• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attach Image Not Working - 11-17-09

LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it looks like the maintenance last night broke the ability to attach a JPG image directly to a post. Sizes are well within both pixel dimensions and also file size. Tried with a .PNG of the same ones.

Note that they will still Attach from the lower-left of the editing screen, and can be opened, but the "camera" icon attachment is now broken.

Fix one thing, and break others,

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 26, 2009 Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote on 11/26/2009 10:55 PM:

Here are the full details for JPEG in RegEdit.

Nothing wrong there. How about the other stuff? Other browsers,

computers, the debug output from

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments/testing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem,

Disregard my previous post. When I went back to the Test Forum, I now have that widget - it was not there when I was posting there.

Attached is the info.

As for other computers, I will check from my workstation tomorrow. It has not been on the Adobe fora for about 3 mos., as it is not used for any Web work, unless totally necessary.

I'm a bit loath to install a bunch of other browsers on the laptop, but think that I have at least two others on the workstation, that are used with Dreamweaver testing. I could be wrong, as those might be emulators. If so, I have another machine, that has not been on the Adobe fora for at least two years, and I feel certain that it has other browsers, though much older versions. I would not mind adding test browsers to it though.

More to come...

Thank you,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to testing group posted a test case f

ormated as a question.  check to make sure it wa

s shown as a question The camera Icon is greyed out (not active).

In here or acrobat forum Camera is active. Camera button i

s broken in testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 27, 2009 Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just finished using in Testing forum to see if Camera worked.

Camera Button did not work in Testing forum using:

SeaMonkey, FireFox, Camino, Opera, iCab, OmniWeb, Safari. All are the lastest version of each for the Macintosh Platform

I ven added a couple of attachments showing the Camera icon is dimmed (not working).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here goes:

firedog.png

Aha! Thanks, Jochem (and JC?) for fixing that.

Noel

(IE7 on WinXPPSP3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem supplied the info to fix it. I just typed it in.

Thanks all and sorry about the interruption!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone come up with a way to reliably reproduce the phantom line breaks? Are they only happening with IE? I've had them happen to me, but haven't seen a pattern. I'm in FireFox right now and so far no linebreaks as I type this.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typing this reply in with IE8 to see if I get any random line breaks as I type. Nothing unusual, so far.

No... there, it jumped to the next line after I typed the period.  But no repeat of that yet. Still typing along on this line now. Can I get it to do it again? Have people seen it happen multiple times within one message post? Or does it only happen once?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For several days, I have been on Google Chrome and have no more phantom line breaks - knock on wood.

When using IE 7, they happened in nearly every reply. Most were in the first 2-3 lines, and when they would happen, the little Justification icons in the lower-middle of the editing screen's Toolbar would blink (most of the time).

Now, I did have those line breaks come in waves. Several longer posts kept getting them well down the body. I'd say that those came about every 3 lines of text.

I still have IE7 around, and can perform any tests that you'd like.

Thanks for looking into this,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had it happen twice in the same message with FireFox. So it doesn't appear to be browser dependent. Or at least, not specific to IE.

I'll pass along the comments about the icons.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The green Favicons are back!

But I can insert images. 

green.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines