• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ATTN: Adobe-Admin Troubles with the Adobe Forums

Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received an email from an Adobe Partner. See message below:

I am not sure who to contact to get help with this issue, but we are unable to reply to or post new content to the Adobe Forums. (http://forums.adobe.com).

We can enter the text for the topic, but the field to enter the body of the content is read only. We can't click in it or type in it.  This is when creating a new discussion, or responding to an existing thread.  When creating a private message, We can type in the title and content, but when we submit, it deletes all the content and says that the body can't be empty.

In each of these cases, we have tried it on multiple machines, with multiple accounts.  Both Windows/Mac, XP/Windows 7, Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome.  Same results in every case.  We have also ensured that browser add-ons like AdBlock are not installed.

We would appreciate some direction on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Please advise what's causing this. Is this an account based problem or there is a problem with the forums?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an account / computer based problem, not a problem all users of the forums are experiencing. Those different computers / accounts wouldn't all be in the same domain behind the same proxy server or with the same virus scanner installed, would they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll verify that information first. If ever they are,  is that what's triggering the problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my best guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to him, they have tried to access the forums both from computers at home as well as at the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you and I are able to post, and I don't see other similar reports, it does seem to be user related. Please send a Private Message with the user name so we can see if there is an issue with the account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser(s) are they using? If IE9, they may have to turn on compatibility mode to emulate an earlier browser. iDevice browsers don't seem to work with the forum text editor, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had some success with posting from the iPad if you have previously set the default for posting to be html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines