• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attn: J.C. explanation about Archived threads?

Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is interesting; perhaps you'd like to provide some insight?

I was starting to put together a links list for the Photoshop/Mac sidebar, and in looking for the link to archived (read: the old, locked) threads I discovered that even the oldest of the old are now contained in the same list of thread index pages as all the current threads. AND! it appears that we can now reply to them. And, I'll assume they'll be findable in a focused search, as well.

To wit: This thread started by Marc Pawliger on 12 Oct 2000, and most recently replied to by Scott Weichert on 11 Aug 2002:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/368847?tstart=3420

Well, I just did a test reply, and it's been floated to the top of the Photoshop for Mac forum.

Personally, I find this absolutely terrific. Was opening these threads back up a conscious decision, or was it the default behavior when you imported all the content from the WebX database to the Jive platform?

Your thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was a decision to not archive things at start and see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool...I like it. Now, so long as there aren't too many chaos-loving sociopaths floating a ton of old threads just for gits and shiggles, we'll be golden.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines