• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken thread.

Advocate ,
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is broken. Replies can still be made but don't show up - but they appear in the thread list as updates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

it's the old posts disappear when new page is created bug. It has already been reported to jive. To "fix" this, just post, it usually takes 6 posts on the new page to show the hidden posts so no, the posts aren't gone, just hidden

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was interesting. I had never read that thread, but it said my abuse report had been received. I notice that your link has ?abuseReported=true tacked onto the end of it. Any chance you're using that as a bookbark to get there?

Woa! Either it was fixed while I was replying or something else. I just made a simple reply to what WAS the last message #1648 and suddenly I was on a new page with the reply count at 1654.

Is it working again for you?

Hmm. This is my second attempt to reply here. First attempt simply said "An unexpected error occurred." or something similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a few tests for you. Here are the results.

1. I clicked on the "this thread" link in your message. I was taken to the thread, and there was a green notice at the top saying "Your abuse report has been received...etc." (first time I had been tthere!). It was also stated that there were 1,650 replies, and that the last post was from June 8, 2009 6:22 pm by Mark.

2. I clicked on the "Last post" button and was taken to Mark's of 6:22 pm, but it was numbered 1,654, not 1,650. I then posted a reply to it, and came back here.

3. I used your link again to go back there. I got the same green "report received" notice, and I was told that there were 1,651 replies, the last one being mine of 6:57 pm. When clicking on the "Last post" button, I was taken to my message, numbered 1,655.

My guess, for what it may be worth, is that 3 messages were deleted from that thread, and at least one of them, possibly the third, was deleted because of an abuse report.

And I was kicked out of the forums when I tried to post this message, so I had to rewrite it except for its 3 first lines, which were recovered in the saved version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's the old posts disappear when new page is created bug. It has already been reported to jive. To "fix" this, just post, it usually takes 6 posts on the new page to show the hidden posts so no, the posts aren't gone, just hidden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks. Sorry to those who got 'reported to teacher' Just trying to get the thread some attention. I'll hand out some points as a consolation.

New posts now appear, but 'last thread' is not updated, so clicking it gets you to next-to-last page. I don't care about the thread particularly, just bug-spotting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't even aware of that one, or I had forgotten about it if it was mentioned during the testing phase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines