• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buying a second hand computer with Adobe software installed

New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope this is ok to post. An Ebay seller has some laptops they say came from a company that went into receivership. They claim they have checked the software, including CS5, is registered and updates. I'm thinking that, if the original is not available, then it would not be possible to transfer ownership of the software. Or is there a way around it. I am retired using Premiere Elements but would like some of the advanced features on Premiere Pro but cannot justify the cost of the latest versions. Thanks in anticipation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

The seller MUST complete a transfer (selling or giving your software away) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1355892

-you may NOT sell or transfer an Education serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The seller MUST complete a transfer (selling or giving your software away) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1355892

-you may NOT sell or transfer an Education serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you also get the license serial number it is just about useless. And even if you do it has to be for that one computer you are buying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I had the serial number, would I not be able to activate it for a desktop as well, providing they weren't used concurrently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the Adobe system will allow "B" to use a serial number that is already tied to an account owned by "A"

Unless the license transfer I linked has been completed so the Adobe registration system may be edited by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. The seller hasn't got back to me about transferring the licence, so I suspect it's a bit suspect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>came from a company that went into receivership

Rather than saying suspect, I would say the seller doesn't HAVE the license information to be able to do a transfer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fair point but I think I'll give it a miss. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines