• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Create Poll in a Discussion

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would happily add Polls to discussions, so there would be no need to Reply, but it's restricted somewhy.

Poll.jpg

Kevin said in a discussion http://forums.adobe.com/message/4469268:

We have: the product improvement program, feature requests, and a beta test program. That is how we listen to our users. We do not bias or influence our users in any way. All we do is listen.

So why there's no way to create polls and do some statistics in Adobe Forums?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Branched and moved to Forum Comments]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, can you answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Sorry.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer. One more question, is there a reason? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, poll creation is limited to administrators and they are not available in all forum spaces. Polls are distinct from Discussions. They don't appear within discussions, but are separate items like Ideas and Documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it would be a great opportunity to obtain statistics of user's choice. Many forum participants don't like to reply. I have many unanswered discussions with hundreds of views and only a few replies. Those topics just need a confirmation of application behaviour. Most people tend to just press radiobuttons and View Stats. A Poll is better than a Discussion without any reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven,

Many forum participants don't like to reply. I have many unanswered discussions with hundreds of views and only a few replies.

This is very common, and usually indicates that few, who viewed the Discussion, have an answer, or anything constructive to add.

As many of your posts were in the PrPro CS 5/5.5/6 Forum, I will use that as an example: I try to view/read most threads in that forum. Where I have something to add, I will do so, especially if it's a viable answer to a question. I will often go back and view/read those same threads, when others have replied, so that I can learn something new. In active threads, that might mean that I will view them many times, but still have nothing to add, so Views numbers will go up. I feel that some others might do that, as well.

As for the Polls, I learned something from John C's response. I thought that I recalled that one could initiate a Poll, without MOD consoles, but see that I am either incorrect, or that policy has been changed. Due to differences between Discussions and Polls, I can see where one would not be able to add a Poll to a Discussion - but now I have the definitive answer.

Thanks for asking, as I have now learned something new today.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying, Bill.

One with a moderator privileges can add Polls to forums?

You're right, if you don't have to add something, you will not reply, that's why a Poll is better.

For example, I suggest a Feature, but you don't have anything to add to it, but if there would be a question with selectable options, like:

• I would use this Feature often
  • I would use this Feature sometimes
  • I would never use this Feature

You would just tick an option and see results

It would give an idea about usefulness of the suggested feature.

For Bugs:

• I experience this Bug constantly
  • I experience this Bug rarely
  • I cannot reproduce this Bug

• My sequence is huge - 1000s of clips
  • My sequence is average - 100s of clips
  • My sequence is tiny - near 100 of clips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, since a regular user can't start a poll... go the the appropriate forum and create a message with a title "something like"

MOD - Poll Needed RE Canon X-99 Camera

Then, in the body, enter the lines you would like to have made into a poll

- I own the X-99 and use it to film everything

- I own the X-99 and rarely use it due to ergonomics

- It is too expensive for me so will not buy

- I hate Canon and will never buy one

- What is an X-99?

You MAY get a MOD to create a poll for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OT

John T.,

Your faux-poll example made me laugh. Thanks. I needed that.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to bring a laugh... I thought of an example from the latest "movie news headlines" but I'm really tired of even seeing headlines about the latest stupidity from the current "it" girl, so decided to keep my example at least partly on target

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines