Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing community support center email account

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I've updated my Adobe primary email account, yet the account for Adobe Support Community is still showing my old email. Is there any way to update or close this account?

Thank you

TOPICS
Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

There is only one email address associated with an Adobe ID, and the same address cannot be used for more than one account - so if you change it then all Adobe's services will expect to see the new one. The update happens instantly, but if you are logged in to a third party website (which this is) via cookies then it may not update until you sign in and out. There are also long-standing problems with the forums not processing changes made via the Adobe ID settings page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how long ago did you change the primary email address? Give it some time if you haven't already.

Are you still getting notifications at the old address?

I've never had to do this, as I use a Gamil Account (which I suggest to everyone and or some other email address that will NEVER change), so I have no personal experience. But it may take a day, 2, or more for it to update across all Adobe's websites and services.

Also your Logon might stay the same, same old email address and password, but the contact info is updated. Not sure your actuall Adobe ID updates to the new email address. Again I have no personal experience so just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. I'll check back after a few days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is only one email address associated with an Adobe ID, and the same address cannot be used for more than one account - so if you change it then all Adobe's services will expect to see the new one. The update happens instantly, but if you are logged in to a third party website (which this is) via cookies then it may not update until you sign in and out. There are also long-standing problems with the forums not processing changes made via the Adobe ID settings page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines