• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing your email address

Guru ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read somewhere that if you changed your email address you had to get a new account, so your username etc was locked to your email address.  However according to this FAQ here it is very easy to do but I'm a bit nervous about relying on that.  I want to change my email address as my job is changing a bit and I want to split off the forum emails from my work email.  Has anyone had any success doing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

I changed my email address a few months ago, and it didn't have any negative (or positive) impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technical your account is changing because your sign-in ID is changing. However you account is not affected. You have to remeber to sign in using the new email address. but once you do and sign in with new address your username  if you didn't change it and everything else you didn't change will remain the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's what the FAQ says, but have you done it and has it worked?  Would be nice to know if someone has...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I have or not. At one time when I started out my email adrees was slightly different then I opened a another email address and let the original stay just as dumping ground for spam. I can't remeber whther I changed  to this or used this to start with.

I'm sure ther are other hear  that could tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed my email address a few months ago, and it didn't have any negative (or positive) impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect answer, exactly what I wanted to know, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines