Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clicking the Sign in link often leads to an error 404 page

Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

This is an error that has been around (at least on my computer) for some months now:

Pressing the Sign in link on the Adobe Forum pages takes me to a non exising page error (404).

Sign in link leading to error.PNG

this is the page I get to:

After pressing Sign in Page unavailable.PNG

Page is not available broken link 404.

Also there is no form to report this kind of web page errors, when clicking the "Send us an e-mail" link on this page..

Signing in from some other page or form at first seems to make no difference,

reloading the page makes no difference, but clicking "sign in" again, I get logged in (without getting to the sign in page).

Am I the only one having htese problems?

I'm on Windows, alwsay using FireFox (latest version).

Best regards,

Andreas Jansson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Andreas,

A week, or so ago, there was some maintenance on the Jive end of things, and many were getting similar 404 errors. It was my understanding that those had been resolved, and that things were working fine.

As several have been having issues with Adobe's own cookies (I had a big one with Adobe Store), I would also try cleaning your browser's cache, just to make sure that it's not something specific to your browser.

As many of the "powers that be" monitor this forum, like the tireless John C./

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andreas,

A week, or so ago, there was some maintenance on the Jive end of things, and many were getting similar 404 errors. It was my understanding that those had been resolved, and that things were working fine.

As several have been having issues with Adobe's own cookies (I had a big one with Adobe Store), I would also try cleaning your browser's cache, just to make sure that it's not something specific to your browser.

As many of the "powers that be" monitor this forum, like the tireless John C./Adobe-Admin, I suspect that after the three-day weekend (for many in the US), that you will get definitive answers and advice. Look for those to come on about Tuesday.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to reproduce this and have not had other reports. As Bill suggested, I would try clearing adobe.com and forums.adobe.com cookies to see if that helps. The URL in the second screen shot appears to be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this yesterday from around 18:00 JST+9 until I went for dinner.  I didn't think of clearing the cookies, as I also had some other things to finish.

At the same time there was a big JIVE sign and an announcement that these pages are not currently available; I will post that screenshot tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get a Jive branded "not available" page, it usually indicates a node issue at Jive. Let us know if you continue to see that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday and today everything is fine.  When I received that error on the 18th I got this screen

Jive.png

I then pinged forums.adobe.com and used the resulting IP address to go to the forum, but needed to login under that address.  Clicking on the Login link redirected me to the 404 page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the wicked witch is dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, clearing the forums.adobe.com cookies worked. Then I could log in – thank you!

adobe-admin wrote:

The URL in the second screen shot appears to be correct.

Well, the URL does lead to a page, but what I wrote was that "there is no form to report this kind of web page errors, when clicking the 'Send us an e-mail' link on this page". I can't get to that page now, but if I remember correctly it was about reporting error in Adobe software, and you had to select one of them, nothing about reporting page errors.

Best regards,

Andreas Jansson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to sign in and you get errors it frequently helps to clear out the cookies in the browser.

Message was edited by: Curt Y  Looks like the missing posts is back.  Before I responded there were no comments.  Once I posted the other 2 showed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines