• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constantly resetting Cs2 Preferences

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2009 Dec 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know why I have to reset Photoshop Cs2 preferences often.  Every week the brushes doesn't work, so I have to press Ctrl, Alt and Shift.  I went into the nine preferences box and reset everything.  I also did my color settings and save the settings.  Is there a way that I can stop resetting the preferences so often?. Thank you.

Gerald Sr.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2009 Dec 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gerald,

It may not make much difference at this time of the year, but you should repost in the Photoshop Windows forum, http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/photoshop_windows.

Never going there myself, I will venture to add the following although it is completely out of place, or should I say forum:

The cause is probably Windows corrupting one or more preference files while saving them when you close down.

Instead of using the Ctrl+Alt+Shift which will wipe out the preferences, including those you wish to keep, you can probably save them for later use by performing the Photoshop equivalent to what is described here for illustrator, namely to Move the folder. I believe the folder is called Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings, and you may search for it in the same way (including hidden files and folders); you may learn the right name in the forum if I am wrong.

Good luck over there, and Happy New Year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines