• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copyright symbol © not accepted by the forums except by pasting

LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copyright symbol © not accepted by the forums except by pasting it? ??? !!

I had never noticed that before, and I've been in the forums since at least 2006 that I can verify.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

He  is right no Copyright symbol using keyboard shortcut. The register symbol works fine ®.  you can addit by going to Keyboard Control panel in System Preferences. Turn on item shown with red annotation.

Keyboard3.png

Now click on flag symbol in menu bar

Choose Character viewer

Click on Letter like symbols.

Choose the copyright symbol and double click on the version you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a copyright symbol on your keyboard?  Or do you use the (Windows) keyboard shortcut Alt+0169?

Anyway, in 2006 the forums were very different!  And until May this year the forums were also quite different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, please!  I'm a Mac user.

Option G is how we generate the copyright symbol, no Windows drunken dancing wit codes—ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He  is right no Copyright symbol using keyboard shortcut. The register symbol works fine ®.  you can addit by going to Keyboard Control panel in System Preferences. Turn on item shown with red annotation.

Keyboard3.png

Now click on flag symbol in menu bar

Choose Character viewer

Click on Letter like symbols.

Choose the copyright symbol and double click on the version you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Phil.

The Keyboard prefs window looks very different in Lion 10.7.5.  You must be on a newer OS X.

Still, with the mere mention of the Character Viewer, the existence of which I neglected to consider in this context (another senior moment), I went straight to it.  ©  © © © © ©  It works, of course.

Thank you much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mavericks OSX.9.4 (Mavericks)

Guess I'll be using the new OSX.10 when it comes out not looking fwd to some of the Changes.  But Thankfully they still haven't go rid of the finder yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lion is the most my Mac Pro can handle.  Yosemite has such a bad connotation for me…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. When I think of Yosemite I think of "Yosemite Sam" of "Buggs Bunny" Fame.

And yes I am that Old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm older than you, Phil, but what I think of when I hear that word is the national park in California.  The one time I visited there, I spent the most miserable four days of my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with having a Mac that cannot be upgraded past 10.7.x is that it a security problem for you and everyone else on the internet. Apple no longer supplies security updates. Your computer can be hacked without you knowing it and be used as part of a Zombie computer bot network that can be used by the Brain to take over the world. Pinky & The Brain Theme Song - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's plain wrong, Michael.

For one, Software Update has been installing security updates steadily, the last one was just over one week ago.

And, second, I'm not concerned about anybody hacking this particular machine, even if they do. There's nothing on it they could use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at Apple security updates you will see that specific application software is being updated, but no security updates for the OS itself since October 2013. Apple announced that policy when they announced that updates to the latest version of OS X would be free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still makes no difference to me, Mike.  I'm done letting hardware corporations. and software run my life and my bank account, including Adobe and Apple.

New policy, new shmolicy!

The last software update, other than the insufferable, useless and continuing iTunes updates, was in late July and it was clearly labeled "Security update".

I may be too dense to understand how a hacker could get past my software and hardware Firewalls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe Apple just doesn't publicize it, or someone at Apple didn't get the memo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelKazlow wrote:

The problem with having a Mac that cannot be upgraded past 10.7.x is that it a security problem for you and everyone else on the internet. Apple no longer supplies security updates…

Yeah, there's no end to the wickedness of hardware and software companies getting users to upgrade continually.  I'm all done with that, forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I know about it. I was born in 49 so you may or may not be older. I feel older whether you are or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure your machine won't handle Yosemite? If your using a PowerPC Machine definitely! If however you're using a Intel Machine It May work check with Apple and see what machines work with Yosemite. From my understand Yosemite is supposed use a new developer Language that supposed possibly be bullet proof because it no longer use Objective-C and C++ supposed to remove all of the defects that Spammer use to send spam. Viruses, Trogan Horses and Worms. Note: I said "supposed to" even the article written in MacWorld is using caution when saying this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote:

Are you sure your machine won't handle Yosemite?…

Of course I am. Mac Pro 1,1 Quad (2006).  Will not rum Mountain Lion or higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep won't work. I am pushing it with my 2011 MacBook Pro 17"

I'd like to get a new one . But all new Apple computers come with SSD and from the scuttlebutt on other Groups is they have a Very limited Write Life. And I open and use my comp Every day. Even when I travel (I haven't traveled in a while.) and I worry it will burn out in a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a couple of MacIntels, a Mack Book Pro and a Mac Mini, as well as a PPC G5 Quad, a G4 and two G3s. All of them working.

My main working machines are the Mac Pro and the G5 Quads, interconnected by Ethernet and sharing dual monitors straight from each of their video cards, as well as keyboard, ,mouse and tablet, via USB switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes, it works on every other forum I can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines