• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud will make me poorer

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to ask as politely as possible that the Cloud-or-nothing policy be reconsidered.

For myself, and per increasing evidence in these forums, the forced transition to Creative Cloud pricing will constitute pure, indefensible rent-seeking.

I earn my living from graphic design. I have purchased Adobe products for the past 15 years because those purchases have provided value, when they have provided value. It is a testament to the quality of recent versions that I have not needed to purchase every new version; as my purchase has been a business decision, when such has been the case I have not purchased those versions.

On other occasions, when I have been convinced that purchasing an upgrade would provide a good return, I have purchased it.

The new program of placing a gun to my head and declaring "we have decided that from now on, you will pay for all the versions of all the programs, or else never have any access to any future releases" suggests to me that Adobe has little faith in persuading me to purchase  future releases on their merits any longer.

If this is not the case, why not leave me the option? You cannot tell me that it would be too complicated; if one could not manage "complicated" one would not be running Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to worry about Adobe's CC.  Corel has made its position clear.  See this blog:

<http://corelblogs.wordpress.com/2013/05/08/corel-is-all-about-giving-users-choice/>

Go out and switch to Corel and you don't have to deal with MVPs on their forums.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be a Netflix moment for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except there is no Mac Version  some influential Mac users are going to have to have a Chat with Corel explain they are going to have to come out with a Mac Version.

They do have an equivalent to Lightroom called AfterShot Pro that works as good as Lightroom and a Company ADC formally Deneba Software also has a Good program ACDSee Pro 3 that works just as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't know about you guys, but over here in the UK we are under the trade jursidiction of the EU, and the EU quite likes trying to squeeze money out of levy fines against big mega-corps that it thinks are acting in an anti-competitive way, or who are profiteering. So me, I've just written to my MEP. Will be writing to my MP soon too. I don't do Twitter and facebook, but those that do need to get organised - Adobe can be backed-down on this if they realise just how massively unpopular it is.

People talking about upgrading to 6 now and sitting there are making a mistake - why give Adobe a massive bump in sales? I'm on 5.5 and I think this is where I'll stick - TBH, in my experience, there always tends to be more new bugs in CS releases than new features, and I don't think I'll miss the happy fun and excitement that comes from uncovering these bugs. Just stick with your current version and don't give Adobe a sales boost.

To all Mac users: Ring Corel's sales line and tell them they need to start supporting OSX!

And to Adobe... where do I start? I may only be a freelancer, but the big businesses who use your software (and whose acceptance of CC you are clearly banking on) rely on us wee minnows. If you think our "big" clients will discard their creative genius freelancers in order to be in your cloud, I think you'll find you are sorely mistaken. And if you think our business is not important then I guess only time will tell. You've had thousands out of me over the years Adobe - you get not another penny until I can once again buy a perpetual license and choose my own expenditure strategy.

I have yet to hear a single voice raised in support for this move - let's start kicking hard guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm all in favor of sticking it to Adobe over this. It just seems there are so many other better alternatives to this move. There's no need to hurt loyal customers just because they aren't frequent updaters and aren't large enough to afford yearly upgrades.

Why not offer subscriptions and perpetual licenses? To incentivize the subscription option, put the newest features there first and give them to others a year later?

All this greed makes me want to change professions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe if this was brought to facebook would wake them up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.facebook.com/adobecreativecloud

It's already there.  I don't do facebook...

more unhappy Adobe customers who frequent another forum where complaints are being discussed brought it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a post on macrumours that has a discussion with over 700 comments. 99% negative. And yet adobe has yet to respond to anything. They are hiding.

Just watch this video showing how the CEO of adobe answers legitimate questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78yigV0GYGQ

He is quite simply put, An Idiot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean. I thought Adobe was wholy owned by someone from India.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 will become to Adobe what XP became to Windows. I'm a CS6 Master Collection owner. No matter what discount they offer on the cloud avoid it at all cost. It is a trap. They even said it in their stock report. They plan to get more revenue per user through the cloud software rental scheme they have created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They seem to be making quite a few silly comments that show their true evil colours.

People that don't join the collective cloud will be left behind.

Plan to get more revenue per user through the cloud software.

All these things are a gun to the head approach.

If rental style software purchacing this takes off, where does it stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines