• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4: Locating Product Key

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased CS4 through our company website. I had an email crash and have lost the referential emails to that included the product key. I was wondering where I can locate my product key so I can reload the software on my new laptop and continue using CS4.

General Specific

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd have to contact Adobe directly (this is just a user forum). If you registered the software when you purchased it, they should be able to send you the information with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@userbak610

Great suggestion. I'll register tonight. I don't think i've done so already.

@John T Smith

I guess I'll resolve to this if necessary but I'd rather make a conserted effort do it legitimately if possible. Wonder what google words I would search or lmgtfy.com.....

General Specific

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GeneralSpecific wrote:

Wonder what google words I would search or lmgtfy.com.....

Don't waste your time finding any such tools.  The key finder tools only work if you have a working system.  In your case you say you had a crash and this implies your HD is kaput!  Therefore no such luck.  Don't forget these tools can't invent keys just by looking at your make and model of your system!!!  Mind boggles when people suggest something without being specific about what they are actually suggesting here.

If your original HD is gone, so is your product keys for all your applications unless you have not formatted your HD and you know how to make it a slave and readable by other systems.

Also, key finder tools for adobe products are NOT FREE.  They will cost you a lot.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't waste your time finding any such tools.  The key finder tools only work if you have a working system.  In your case you say you had a crash and this implies your HD is kaput! 

You may want to read their post again. They said their "email" crashed not their hard drive so don't get all excited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Especially if the software was Registered (not just Activated), it should be a piece-o-cake for Adobe. It should even be listed in your Adobe I.D. list of software, so that would save you a call.

For others, it should be noted that Registration is a very, very helpful thing to do. All too often, one just Activates, and ignores the Registration. That simple act can be very helpful down the line.

Also, when one brings up Help>About, the full S/N is usually truncated, so that it is only partially representative of the complete S/N and cannot be used, as it displays.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are utilities which claim to recover such information from a working computer (Google knows!) but in general, that information is hidden so someone who "happens by" your computer can't steal your information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines