• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design Premium CS5.5 and plan to upgrade to CS6

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Design Premium CS5.5 and plan to upgrade to CS6.

May I still use CS5.5 on my laptop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Each version installs into its own folder so you can use them separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to know.

What I wanted to know was if Adobe would approve of me using CS6 on one computer and the previous CS5.5 on another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum, not Adobe sales or support... you need to read the license agreement

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?term=license&loc=en_us&siteSection=solutions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doctordun wrote:

That's good to know.

What I wanted to know was if Adobe would approve of me using CS6 on one computer and the previous CS5.5 on another.

You can activate CS5.5 (and presumably the CS6 upgrade) on up to two computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doctordun is talking about an UPGRADE to CS6. The licensing system for CS6 is different than for previous versions, as will be made clear in the forthcoming announcement, however the upgrade rule remains:

"Once I've upgraded, can I use, sell, or transfer the previous versions of the software?

No. Purchasing an upgrade to your product extends your existing license to cover the new version of Adobe software. It does not provide you with two separate licenses for the old version and the new version" [FAQ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

doctordun is talking about an UPGRADE to CS6.

That's clear from the first post. I'm am too.

The licensing system for CS6 is different than for previous versions, as will be made clear in the forthcoming announcement,

I'll await the changes in CS6 with interest.

I know about the forthcoming change to one-version-back for upgrades but I'm not aware of any EULA changes yet.

"Once I've upgraded, can I use, sell, or transfer the previous versions of the software?

No. Purchasing an upgrade to your product extends your existing license to cover the new version of Adobe software. It does not provide you with two separate licenses for the old version and the new version" [FAQ]

From clause 5 of the EULA

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/Gen_WWCombined-20110105_1512.pdf

5. Updates

If the Software is an Update to a prior version of Adobe software (the "Prior Version"), the following apply:

Your use of this Update is conditional upon your retention of the Prior Version. Therefore, if you validly transfer this Update pursuant to Section 4.6, you must transfer the Prior Verision along with it. If you wish to use this Update in addition to the Prior Version, you may only do so on the same Computer on which you have installed and are using the Prior Version...."

If this wording remains unchanged for the CS6 EULA, that tells me that it's OK to have CS5.5 and the CS6 upgrade installed on two computers and use both CS5.5 and CS6 on each computer.

I do so daily with CS4 and CS5.

Given the above from the EULA, it seems that the FAQ should remove the word "use" from the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines