• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Differences beween IE9 and FF 13.0.1

LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that when you view these forums in FF 13.0.1, the posters name does not include his total number of posts and date of joining.  For example this is what I see under my name in FF 13.0.1:

2012-07-08_0156.png

The same item in IE9 looks like this:

2012-07-08_0157.png

You can clearly see the number of posts and date of joining in the second picture.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

I think I've figured it out.  It may have to do with whether you've logged-in to the forums.

Safari was the only browser I did not have logged-in to the forums.  Once I logged in it showed the numbers for everyone.

Why my stuff is visible even when logged-out...  People are always telling me they can see right through me. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks okay in Firefox from here.

PostCount.jpg

What'ya bet it's an issue with something old still being in your local cache.  Purge, purge, PURGE I say! 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting because I looked at this link:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4544108#4544108

And only your name has all the info but everybody  else's name is completely basic.  This is what your info shows at that particular link:

2012-07-08_0152.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the data for every participant except the original poster:

Noel.JPG

Firefox/Mac and Explorer/Win.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I see the data for every participant except the original poster:

It is the same for me, on Chrome.

The lack of statistics for the OP seemed to have coincided with the new skins, at least for me.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Firefox plug-in that considers small numbers inconsequential?

I seem to be seeing things as they should be EXCEPT IN Safari, where I see what you describe.

Only the Great Carboni has a post count visible to Safari users.  You'd think I paid extra. 

On Windows 8:

Internet Explorer 10.0.8400.0

IE10.jpg

Firefox 13.0.1

Firefox.jpg

Safari 5.1.7 (7534.57.2)

Safari.jpg

Chrome 20.0.1132.47 m

Chrome.jpg

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've figured it out.  It may have to do with whether you've logged-in to the forums.

Safari was the only browser I did not have logged-in to the forums.  Once I logged in it showed the numbers for everyone.

Why my stuff is visible even when logged-out...  People are always telling me they can see right through me. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

Yes.  That is it.  Thanks for clearing this up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very confusing; here is what I see

Waterfox 13 (signed in):

wf13.PNG

Internet Explorer 9 (signed in):

ie9.PNG

In both browsers the information is missing only in the first post, including the Correct answer embedded in it.

P.S. I run CCleaner on a regular basis, so the caches of each browser should be clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I run CCleaner on a regular basis, so the caches of each browser should be clear.

Does Ccleaner clears all cookies from your system?  You can prove this by logging into adobe forums and allowing your browser to "remember" you. Then you can run CCleaner to clear everything.  when this is done try going back into Adobe forums and see if the browser still remember your log-in details.  In FF you get a prompt when you start filling in your details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a career computer engineer with 36 years experience (geez, that's a long time) I advise against running any "cleaner" application.  CCleaner has a lot of fans, but I wouldn't trust it.  There is absolutely no reason you need to "clean" your system beyond occasional deletion of the files in the TEMP folder, which is easily done by hand.  It's a complete fabrication that a Windows registry needs to be "cleaned" - it does not.  I am running the same Windows installation I put in late in 2009, and it's light and fast as ever.

I don't fault those of you who feel you get value from CCleaner.  I just wouldn't use it myself.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

As a career computer engineer with 36 years experience (geez, that's a long time) I advise against running any "cleaner" application.  CCleaner has a lot of fans, but I wouldn't trust it.  There is absolutely no reason you need to "clean" your system beyond occasional deletion of the files in the TEMP folder, which is easily done by hand.  It's a complete fabrication that a Windows registry needs to be "cleaned" - it does not.  I am running the same Windows installation I put in late in 2009, and it's light and fast as ever.

I don't fault those of you who feel you get value from CCleaner.  I just wouldn't use it myself.

-Noel

I don't think Pat was talking about cleaning the Windows Registry.  He was mainly talking about cleaning the clutter created by Windows system all over the place which we can't remember where they all are.

CCleaner is pretty good at cleaning this clutter and you will be surprised to find that after using CCleaner you will have about 2GB more disk space since you have been using the same system since 2009.

I agree with you that nobody should touch Windows Registry because it doesn't affect the performance of modern systems.  Modern systems are pretty fast as they are and they don't need any assistance from software tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mytaxsite.co.uk wrote:

Does Ccleaner clears all cookies from your system?

CCleaner can clear cookies when that option is checked.  A list of exceptions will retain cookies of choice.  I keep most login cookies on my home computer.

CCleaner not only cleans wasted disk space by Windows, but also various 3rd-party applications - each optional of course.

CCleaner also has a "registry cleaner" option, which some people say is the most "benign" of all such cleaners.  I never use it, and I would never recommend to anyone to use it.

Cheers,

Pat

[semi-retired systems engineer with 42 years on the job]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines