• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing Search box

Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2011 Apr 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The box for "Search only this forum" seems to come and go as I navigate through the site.

It's there when I first get to the site. It disappears when I click on a thread. It reappears when I click on the forum name in the breadcrumbs navigation. But when I click on the word Discussion in the breadcrumbs navigation, it disappears forever. I can click on all the breadcrumbs and it never comes back. The only way to get it back is to click on Adobe Forums then find my way back to the forum I was viewing.

search-forum.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 08, 2011 Apr 08, 2011

then he/she should report it to Jive Software for a fix in the next release.

Jive is way past the next release of the software we are using. However, we can and do report issues we and are users are facing. Sometimes we can get them fixed. We always appreciate hearing from forum users about the issues they are having. Even if we cannot get them fixed, it gives us ammunition to show higher ups why we need to move to a more current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EricDuboisMDD wrote on 11/04/08 16:07:

The box for "Search only this forum" seems to come and go as I navigate through the site.

That is not something any moderator or forum admin can change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believed this is the forum concerning the forum, and as such, this is the right place to post comments about bugs or UI issues in the forums. If it's not a setting the forum administrator can change, then he/she should report it to Jive Software for a fix in the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then he/she should report it to Jive Software for a fix in the next release.

Jive is way past the next release of the software we are using. However, we can and do report issues we and are users are facing. Sometimes we can get them fixed. We always appreciate hearing from forum users about the issues they are having. Even if we cannot get them fixed, it gives us ammunition to show higher ups why we need to move to a more current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That's all I could hope for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, thank you for your frank and honest statement about the situation. Unfortunately, there are some who don't like the same issues reported again and again. Maybe this idea, copied from an April 2009 message, would help to prevent unnecessary repetitions:

We can't even get an open issues list on the top of the page to prevent resubmission of the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus Jive/Acrobat hasn't update the software since about 3 months after we began using it. Jive on their own site is using something like 4.5.x of the Jive Clearspace software. We are currently using 2.5.16. what makes you think we will ever see an update.  Get real. We will never see another update.  We should be using the same software as Jive uses for their own sight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2011 Apr 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To solve your particular issue:

Just delete the part of the url following the "?" (?view=discussions) and you'll get back to the base forum landing page with the custom forum widgets.

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines