• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display problem in some posts

Engaged ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some posts on the forum have text or code included in small windows with sliders at the side and bottom. See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/471158?tstart=0 for instance.

On my screen the window is not large enough to view the code, and there seems to be no method of expanding it. Is this a bug or a problem that only I have?

I'm using IE8 on a very large monitor in full screen  mode at around 1600 x 1024 pixels.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you please post a screen capture of what you are seeing?

Please use the camera icon to insert the screen capture inline.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see on a 15" laptop screen 1024 X 768 in IE7:

illegible_codebox.PNG

If I put my strongest reading glasses on and steady my right hand with my left, I can sometimes hit one of those miniscule arrows with my mouse pointer.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you mean by the camera icon, but if you look at the post

again, in particular :

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/8789/illegible_codebox

.PNG

That is exactly what I see.

Howard Walker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean by the camera icon is the icon that sits above where you type the post content when replying using the web interface. As shown in the image below:

Click to se at full size

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forum topic.jpg

This is what I get, which is very similar to the display shown on the post two up from this one.

There is no way that the text in the box can be read, and for the record, my text size is set to medium, and the display is set to 96dpi.

Since making this last post, I checked out the page in Forefox 3.09 as shown below:

firefox_forum_post.jpg

This displays correctly, so I reckon that it is an IE8 problem

Howard Walker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the following  userContent.css File. Save. and place in Chrome folder of FireFox or Seamonkey.

If on a Macintosh

Make a duplicate and simply place in a Finder Directory

and the following other  Web Browsers can use: Safari, iCab, Opera, Omniweb. Just go to appropriate  Style sheet menu and browse to location of this file.

Might work with IE8.Definitely will, all the above browsers written for Windows, and might for linux as well.

Courtesy of Dave M and others here on adobeforums

TextEditpicture001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Courtesy of Dave M and others here on adobeforums

that's not my code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well someone did suggest the first part. for making window width full screen.

The second part where relates to using verdana as the font to use for writing I took from the website used from heavy Boots website.

I was think it was you that wrote the code. and the suggestion to create a userContent.css file. which worked better than the other method which would fail everytime I updated firefox or SeaMonkey.

So if you didn't your still a good guy anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that - I have not used that feature before. I tried the page

using Firefox 3.09 and it works fine, so there is obviously a problem with

IE (version 8 I'm using)

The problem is that Dreamweaver automatically uses IE when I log on to the

forum with it, and as 90% of everyone (except geeks) use IE, then the forum

should also be able to display correctly.

Howard Walker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and as 90% of everyone (except geeks) use IE,

sorry, it's closer to about 62-65 now. it was 90% 5 years ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that the code box displays legibly in Firefox?

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

The second screen shot in my post above is from Firefox version 3.09, so I must say that it does display properly - I don't know if 3.09 is the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox 3.5.2 is the latest stable version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that Dreamweaver automatically uses IE when I log on to the

forum with it,

How do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the version if Dreamweaver (Mac version) I have (part of Studio 8 Collection- yes I am behind times)  Go to File menu > Preview in Browser  , onve window is open toy can add additional Browsers. and once you add them You can decide which is the default. which puts it at top of the list.  I have set SeaMonkey as Default, Bu, I also have listed FireFox, Safari, iCab, Opera, and OmniWeb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, yes, to preview the webpage you're building - but to log on to the forums?? Via Dreamweaver??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that's handle by you system. On  the Mac, to set the default Browser to open; go open Safari and in Preferences, choose default Browser browse to desired Browser to use in My case I've go set SeaMonkey. to set Default Mail client to open. In my case I have SeaMonkey as well. In this case you open Mail (Apple's Mail Client) go to preference and choose default Mail Client.

In Safari I could have just as easily choosen: FireFox, iCab, Opera, OmniWeb or Safari.

In Mail I could have just as easily choosen: Thunderbird, or PostBox.

In OS 9 there was a Control panel set up specifically to set default Browser/Mail Client. In fact ther e were many things you could set to default to. A limited version was split between Safari and Mail in OSX.

ON PC's I have no idea. I haven't looked at a PC since Windows 98, Other than to see the opening screnn in stores such as OfficeMax, Wal-Mart and the like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, Phillip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CS3  (I have CS4 but have not gotten to grips with it yet. but I suspect that its the same. )

On the main screen, click on help and select Adobe Online Forums. Pick whichever forum you want (I usually pick this one) and you are there.

Its been like that since I first started using Dreamweaver in version 3.

If you have a Mac it will probably be different.

Howard Walker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

logon to forum.jpg

Hi Kath,

See the attached screenshot from the Dreamweaver CS3 editing page It

shows you exactly how to do it.

Howard Walker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue that has been reported to the people responsible for the current layout of the forums. We have so far been unable to convince them (or even to get into discussion with them) they could make the forum better by tweaking the layout a bit.

Some poeple have written scripts to override the layout of these forums and make it a full width layout. If you search this "Forum comments" forum you may be able to find one that suits you better then the current layout, but I think most of them are for Firefox. There are a few listed in the Forum FAQ as well: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416419?tstart=0

Jochem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines