Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does UPDATE always work for everyone?

Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me (or my browser), or does UPDATE not always seem to.. you know.. update?  I don't think it's a browser refresh issue, even refreshing doesn't seem to fix it when I see this happen.

I think it happens more when the server is actually responding pretty fast (rare) and I click edit soon after a post, then "update", and... no change--even after a refresh.  Second edit usually fixes it, but needless to say, that is crap.

At first I thought I might be hitting cancel or something but it's happened to me SO many times, so regularly..I actually got used to it.  And I'm pretty sure I am hitting the "UPDATE" button anyway.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 03, 2009 Oct 03, 2009

I think the software is bent on making your day.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does work for me in Safari and Explorer under Vista, and in Firefox/Mac. Just in case, I have just edited without problem a message in another thread, and I am deliberately leaving this unfinished for trying to edit it immediately after posting. Everything in italics has just been added while editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just annoying because it doesn't seem to always happen, just once in a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have PS CS4 set to auto check. I manual check. RAW 5.5 updated perfect on IE8 on Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, allI can say is that I don't recall it happening to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time I've had it to happen, is when we had the 18 hour meltdown the other day.

My biggest problem is If want ti insert a word or character at the very beginning of my post and I am at the end; I scroll back to beginning with mouse insert the character and it attaches to the end. I have to click inside a word the backspace to beginning. And the built in spell check doesn't work or you can't turn it off. Its easier to toggle html editor to plain text and you the Mac's built in checker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2009 Sep 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refresh depends on the Web site. Normally, with Adobe fora, I get a pure "update." Now, when the servers are going bonkers, there is no telling.

FWIW, I'm on IE 7, on a lowly PC.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GD it!  It just happened again!  I did an "edit", added one line, clicked "UPDATE" and it DID NOT update. 

I even did a refresh afterward, to see if I just had the old version cached. Nope. No updates. And when I went to "EDIT" the post a second time, it didn't recover the change I made.  I definitely clicked the UPDATE button.  Took me two tries for the update to work.  Lame!

Jive Sucks.

Edit:  This time of course, it worked.. pathetic.  If there is any sure sign of CRAP software, it's bugs like this that are seemingly random and impossible to reproduce.  If it's decent software and there's a bug, you'll at least be able to reproduce it consistently!!!!  Nope, not with Jiveware, programmed by idiots..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the software is bent on making your day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines