• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't like the layout of Photoshop CS4!

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a photoshop user for years (since V3) and I work with photoshop every day (except my day off) and I have several things that really aggravate me about the version CS4.

Arrange Documents

Which ever one of the brilliant little kids at Adobe thought this one up should have it crammed up their butt sideways and wrapped in barbed wire!   The CS3 functionality was fine and Adobe didn't even give me a "if you like the document arrangement of CS3, please click here".  I've clicked the available Arrange Document drop down box to select float all in windows... that works but it doesn't stay that way.  Also, when I place on document next to another, they merge.  Bummer.

Show all Menu Items

Again, Adobe's brilliant little kids must have been at one of Hugh Hefner's martini blanket parties thinking of shortcuts to get to "home plate".   Most professionals I know with Photoshop use at least 2 monitors.   I use two 21 inchers set side by side - one for work, one for the tool pallets.   I have plenty of space and I would like to (or at least have the permanent option to) see ALL my menu items.   You guys must have hired a reject from Microsoft for that one.

It's all about getting Work done.

For me,  Photoshop isn't cute or trendy or gee whiz... it's all about getting photo editing done.   When you design, please don't follow the "let's make it cute and trendy" routine.  Make it work, make it simple, make it powerful and finally make it where I don't have to re-learn it when a new version is launched.

If someone can help me permanently restore "float all in windows" that would be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You might try re-posting your query in the Photoshop forum. This forum is used to discuss forum issues, not Photoshop issues.

Photoshop forums are at the link below:

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2010 Jan 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any place you can learn about using this software ? do collages teach people ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2010 Jan 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to the forum.

Do you mean the Jive software that is used in the Adobe fora, or do you mean PS CS4?

For the latter, Rick posted the link to the PS forum, which is a great place to start. Also, there are many threads linking to PS tutorials, and also to books on that program.

If you mean the former, well this is the forum, but I would do a separate post, outlining what you'd like to do in the fora, and any problems that you are experiencing.

Just let us know, and good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines