• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E-mail notifications - own posts

Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I start a new discussion or post a reply to an existing discussion via email, I don't get notified of my own post. This is a major drawback, for at least two reasons:
(a) There have been plenty of cases where posters have said that they tried to post by email but 'it didn't work'. There could be many reasons why it didn't work (it looks like some of them included the mailto: protocol prefix in the To: address, for example), but not getting notification means that it's impossible to tell whether it worked or not without visiting the website.
(b) If and when the engineers manage to tidy up the emails so that some sort of threading in an email client is possible, own posts will be missing. Whatever mechanism one might set up to achieve a newsgroup-type view of a thread will not accommodate messages sent from the client, because the format is entirely different. If the designers thought they'd be helping to minimize clutter by excluding own posts, then in my view this was misguided. Please, admins, arrange for posters to receive notification of their own posts along with all the others.

Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason I need is for people that want to use email as an archive. But, ya, it's been requested, recommended, suggested, and demanded enough that it's on the to-do list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>But, ya, it's been requested, recommended, suggested, and demanded enough

>that it's on the to-do list.

Thanks, Dorothy - good to know. Where are all these requests, recommendations,

suggestions and demands? I didn't see them anywhere...

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scattered through the comments forum here and elsewhere. Also discussed among the forum hosts with general agreement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ildhund wrote:

If I start a new discussion or post a reply to an existing discussion via email, I don't get notified of my own post. This is a major drawback, for at least two reasons:

I'd love to get e-mail notifications of my own posts, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be a user setting; I don't need any more email notifications than I already get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, ya, it's been requested, recommended, suggested, and demanded enough that it's on the to-do list.

Good job people keep banging on, repeating themselves and endlessly 'whining' then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<blockquote>It should be a user setting;</blockquote>

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines