• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email addresses as IDs?

LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong, but I seem to notice an alarmingly increasing number of new participants who chose their email addresses as Adobe IDs. Apart from the carelessness, this is likely to produce problems in the topic lists of these forums, and I know I have raised the point before. If I remember correctly, I was told that rules on ID format were dictated in the adobe.com site, where they don't care about such trifles. Pity. If it's not Jive, it's Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

There have been a few similar discussions, and the general feeling is that there should be a filter in the Adobe Profile, that nixes such choices.

OTOH, after the spambots find those e-dresses, the users will be dutifully punished with loads of new spam.

I agree with you completely.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, if the general feeling is that there should be a filter, why don't we get one? The Jive software doesn't have this option, or Adobe doesn't care?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe ID is the user's email address, which is confidential.  It is the screen name that should not be an email address, nor anything with a slash in it.

Despite the problems it causes, and the apparent easiness this could be fixed, it seems that Adobe does not want to do anything about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bill, Pat, my apologies. Of course I meant chosing email addresses as screen names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines