• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

English Version for Switzerland

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I choose English for the Swiss Adobe website? It is very annoying if you're a foreigner and you're trying to purchase/find out any local information on adobe.com.

Also, why isn't there a section for one to report bugs/features for the actual website? Somehow I found the link http://forums.adobe.com/community/web_feedback on the Swiss version, but it says that "The item does not exist. It may have been deleted."

Andrada

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried typing:

www.adobe.com or simply: adobe.com to see if you manage to get your chosen domain?  are you using the English version Operating system?  Has the regional zone changed on the machine to that of Switzerland?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrada,

I am afraid your best bet may be to use this Google Search and tick Translate:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=http:%2F%2Fwww.adobe.com%2Fch_de%2...

Or to deliberately select a (wrong) country where the language is English, such as the UK, which may give you quite irrelevant information (including pricing and country specific terms).

The regional Adobe sites are in the main language(s), German, Italian, and French, for Switzerland, with no English option. A bit strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob!

Using the UK version works fine till you reach paying/legal information, then you need to actually use the local site. In the end I managed to work my way through the French version.

But I still think it would be helpful to just be able to select the English version regardless of your country.

Andrada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrada,

How did the English translation of the Swiss site work?

If it was the wrong basic site, you can use the URL on Google and tick the Translate option.

Obviously, the real solution would be the inclusion of an English option (on all non English regional sites).

I have tried to make that suggestion to Adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used the translation, as I know a bit of French and I was able to understand what I needed.

I also initially wanted to submit a feature request for the English version, but I was not able to find the place to do so. Thank you for forwarding this problem.

Andrada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Andrada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines