Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra Long Edit Boxes in IE9 Now

LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, something's different.

It's not "broken and I can't get squat done" different, just "annoyingly" different.

Start a new discussion, or edit a post and find the edit box particularly long.  Here's a zoomed-out screen grab of this particular one I'm typing in right now, as shown in Internet Explorer 9.

IE9EditBox.png

It doesn't seem to do it in FireFox, but who knows what cache is in need of refreshing.

This forum presents something new to shake one's head at every week.  If only it could be a GOOD something, and the head shaking a nodding action.  Maybe one day...

Alas, I guess I'll delete my cached files and see if it clears up.

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Just installed Win7 and IE9 on my machine today and I don't see that.

Did you, at some point, resize the box while composing a message? The size of the box is supposed to be remembered between sessions. Try shrinking it down and see if it remembers the new smaller size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might not be the forum's fault. Could be a browser thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you, at some point, resize the box while composing a message? The size of the box is supposed to be remembered between sessions. Try shrinking it down and see if it remembers the new smaller size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I see when composing a new message in IE9

ie9compose.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Thanks, that's exactly it.  I lengthened it for a long post I was typing.  I kind of expected that to be temporary, but I'm willing to accept it's working as expected.

Though lengthening it at the time seemed natural, somehow it didn't occur to me to try shortening it myself.  Sometimes I wonder about my rate of brain cell loss.  Then I forget to wonder. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, shortening the edit box during an edit of a post does NOT cause the new size to be retained.

I'm seeing if, with this post, adding a reply causes it to be retained.  If not, I'll create a new thread to try to get it to stick.

Edit:  I'm not sure any more.  Now it seems both editing a post and replying seems to cause the size to be retained.  Maybe one has to exit IE9 before the setting is retained across multiple browser windows.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines