• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Favorite Forums

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2009 Apr 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if there were a place in "Your stuff" that listed all of the forums you visit regularly. Clicking on "Browse forums" brings up an unwieldy list each time. And the History link is too short. Perhaps a way to "pin" forums in the bottom half of the history list would be the best way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would also be nice if the reply field was already on the page without requiring one more slow page load.

Also nice would be if the forum remembered where you were last time you read a post so you could scroll right to the unread messages.

Also nice would a lot less clutter all over the screen. I don't need to see avatars or how long someone's been on the forum. Even less useful is the More Like This section which I'll bet nobody uses more than once, since it's so awful.

Also nice would be the ability to use my browser's spelling checker instead of having to load the forum's slow. clunky one that doesn't have my custom dictionary in it. What the fuck were they thinking when they put that in there?

We had all of these features, and much more, in the old forums. But the assholes in Adobe's marketing department, who are obviously trying to run the company into the ground, felt the forum needed better visual branding to make it look more Adobe-esque. I guess that means as crappy as they've made Illustrator in the last eight years.

The new forums are a total, craptacular failure. There's less debate about that among forum regulars then there is about global warming or evolutions among scientists. In the last six or seven years I have seen Adobe make dumber and dumber mistakes and show less interest in correcting them or even acknowledging them, than in any other company, including Microsoft (MS even let HP keep selling PSc with WXP until 2010, a full two versions below what they expect to then sell themselves).

Remember that this is the same company that's fully satisfied with the program icons in the entire suite; that thinks the last six versions of Illustrator were ready to ship when they did; that thinks the installer for CS4 is an improvement over CS3, which was an improvement over CS2; and that the Adobe updater is not a huge annoying bucket of shit.

Basically, we're screwed.

Edit: Censoring's new. Don't really care about that, but why did they bleep "b u c k e t"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Edit: Profanity removed]  jive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, and that *didn't* get bleeped!!!       

great software ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say a word 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

OMG, and that *didn't* get bleeped!!!       

great software ....

lol! there's much you don't know, grasshopper.

i could tell you but then you'd have to kick the bucket...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<Resisting temptation to post something very naughty in 48pt red IMPACT>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get it.

MANY people complained about the "nanny" filter, and several said there should not be one at all in a professional forum. Now that they've apparently turned it off, people are complaining about it?

And now some of you are acting just like the teenage chat-room script-kiddies that the filter was probably designed for.

I don't get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not been turned off. People are expressing dissatisfaction by messing with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

It's not been turned off. People are expressing dissatisfaction by messing with it.

Ah. I must have missed that. Sheesh! Bucket is bad, but [profanity removed] is OK (well, it's much better than OK, now that I think of it )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

I don't get it.

MANY people complained about the "nanny" filter, and several said there should not be one at all in a professional forum. Now that they've apparently turned it off, people are complaining about it?

Its not turned off just circumvented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, Kath-H corrected me already. And I was able to see the method used before we were all edited - and in your previous reply, too. Mine wasn't even clever.

<p>Oh well. Just so long as people don't have to see words like <span>bu</span><span>cket</span> anywhere.</p>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Mark I had to report abuse you said Bucket

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah! You actually did! Why does my coffee taste like soap this morning?

I wonder just how we're supposed to use that particular word for the most effective swearing?

v. I got bucketed last night.

n. Do you remember your first bucket?

adv. Was it the best bucketing thing you had experienced?

slang. Fan-bucketing-tastic!

Is Adobe really the first of Jive's clients with users who might use the word?

But I'm even more curious about the mind that put that word in the list
and chooses to keep it there. What does that person actually <strong>do</strong> with a buc<span></span>ket?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

What does that person actually do with a bucket?

Let's see:  wash a car (with soap and water IN the b u c k e t), pick weeds (use the b u c k e t to hold the picked weeds) ... gosh the list could go on.  ... but well ... b u c k e t.

edit:  you're kidding me, right?  the word b u c k e t  is a baneed word?  what a joke!

Message was edited by: greenjumpyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

What does that person actually do with a bucket?

Let's see:  wash a car (with soap and water IN the ******), pick weeds (use the ****** to hold the picked weeds) ... gosh the list could go on.  ... but well ... ******.

OH! What a filthy mind *you* have. Yes, let's keep that word in the list, by all means!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didja see my edit?

I really had no idea b u c k e t was a banned word!  Amzaing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

didja see my edit?

Yea, but not 'til after I hit Post Message. So my quotes caught you in all your nasty use of the word before you edited it

Ain't it, though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

greenjumpyone wrote:

didja see my edit?

Yea, but not 'til after I hit Post Message. So my quotes caught you in all your nasty use of the word before you edited it

Ain't it, though?

it ain't amazing, it's just bucked up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

greenjumpyone wrote:

didja see my edit?

Ain't it, though?

it ain't amazing, it's just bucked up.

You, sir, are wicked funny.  Perhaps a bit strange at times, but funny.  Here.  Take 1,000 points! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

[Edit: Profanity removed]  jive

Oh my god! I got reported for abuse.

[Edit: Profanity removed] snitch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott Falkner wrote:

It would also be nice if the reply field was already on the page without requiring one more slow page load.

I wouldn't mind that - if it replies to the last message.

The old Web forums (both sides) ALWAYS replied to the original post. That makes absolutely no sense at all in a threaded view - especially when there is no quote from a message to give it context.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd get rid of threaded views. And bring back polls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines