• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FEATURE - Make Text Field Bigger in Responses in Forums

Advocate ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this is the right place to post this. I have a feature request on the forums that will make it easier to use for people responding to a posted question. Could we get a larger text field to type in when we respond to a post, like how when we initially create a post? I'll attach an example. Any responses longer than two sentences oftentimes gets cut off to where it's hard to see all of the information at once. It would be nice to at least I the corner at the bottom right corner of the text field be able to drag down to make the text field bigger so that I can see my entire text all at once.

Thanks,

Brandon Loshe

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The topmost Blue reply button gives you a  good sized input field like this one which can be extended by dragging bottom right corner downward.  See screenshot.

clipboard_image_0.png

Inline replies are limited to a one line input field which is annoying.   Consequently, I try not to use the inline reply buttons. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's what my feature request is for. If I reply to the original post, then yes, there is that thing at the corner that I can drag down. And I do agree, I'd rather not use the inline reply at all. The problem is once someone else uses the inline reply to something that I wrote, then I feel like I have to because it gets too confusing trying to follow the entire thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go back and edit your inline reply, you have a normal sized input field to work with.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines