We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Thanks Dave for starting this forum. It is good that this MESS of a forum has a dedicated space for not only ACPs and MVPs to post there TOTAL Dislike with the way this supposedly better forum design has gone so wrong but also the people looking for help using Adobe software.
I was going to unlock your post and reply to it to move it to the top. But realized that it was a Featured post and would be at the top "IF" Relevance was the users selection of how to sort, view, the post list (who in there right mind would leave it set to Relevance. (And what is Relevance) Relevant to WHO?)
So at the top of my list right now is Stop with the Relevance stuff and make some posts Sticky, IE At the TOP of the post list, no matter which Sort option is chosen (And with that you could get rid of the Relevance option. IMHO that would make sense) for posts like your and announcements.
Back to the list of things that bug me about this MESS of a forum design.
1) Get rid of the Nested, Threaded design (I was going to start off with getting rid of the "View All Replies" option you have to click on to actually VIEW ALL NESTED REPLIES but if you STOP nesting replies that link/option won't be there anymore).
2) Included the last post date and time under the title of the post. As it is now with Latest selected as a Sort, or any of the options even Relevance, what is shown is the date, and not the time, of the Original Post. Leave that, date is ok for older than say 2-5 days, but include the Date and Time of the LAST post to that discussion.
3) BOLD post titles for Unread discussions and take the bolding away for discussions that the user has read.
4) Email Notifications. You have to include the Original Title of the discussion, The Name (Screen Name) of the persons the email is notifying you about and the Date/Time the post was made. Now I get emails with titles like Hey You were Right that has nothing to do with the original title. That is because of NESTED Replies taking the first few words entered into the Single line text entry box you get when replying to any other post than the Original post. I was going to List that Single Line text entry box but if you get rid of the Nested replies we won;t have that Utterly Stupid box.
5)Once the Nested replies are removed we need a Quote button to Quote the person we are Replying to and, like the old Adobe forums, in the post a "In Reply To" line that also includes the users name that we are making the Reply TO. And along with that, that In Reply To part should be Clickable to take you to the post that the person is actually Replying TO.
6) Way to much White Space on every page of this New and Improved, POS actually, forum. Also the graphic are way to big taking up screen space that can better be used for displaying actual posts.
7) While we're at it on screen real estate Stop with the first 2 lines of the post in the forum post list. LIST MORE POST TITLES.
8. (Can't us 8 ) as it turns it into this 8) )I Know there are more but I can't think of them right now
I was going to include Screen Shots but then said I should Attach them using the BIG box instead of inserting them into the body of the post, In Line, using the Insert Photo Icon in the tool bar so anyone that wanted to View them had to Download them.
9) Get rid of that File Attachment BIG box and place an icon in the tool bar for that.
Done for now.
Most EXCELLENT post, JSM!
Problem is nothing will be done.