• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixes in New Forums

LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it looks like a lot of the things got fixed in the new forums. The back button works as expected. I am still using the scripts for the class fixup in SeaMonkey, but they work fine. Also, the menu items of login and such work in SeaMonkey now. I do not know about FF2. John has delivered. Thanks. Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FF2 log-in works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SeaMonkey 1.1.15 works as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would seen that this is more likely to be seen here than where I posted it:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414692?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

It would seen that this is more likely to be seen here than where I posted it:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414692?tstart=0

And now I realize it would be more useful to reproduce my message than giving a link to it. Not very bright today. Here it goes (don't know how to show it's a quote; I'll show it in a different color):

During the trial period I complained of several things. In no particular order, and without trying to be exhaustive:

1. No visible way of going to the last message (I was tought a trick that works, but it wasn't known by many). Now there is a button for this. Solved.

2. Problem with people like myself who refuse to use an email address as their Adobe ID, and the forum software trying unsuccessfully to email us to whatever we used as our ID. As I have now been receiving emails reporting answers to some of my posts, I guess it must have also been solved.

3. Login problems differently affecting mt desktop Mac and my Vista laptop: in one or both I remained logged even after shutdowns, while in the other or both I was logged out after indeterminate periods of inactivity, all this changing erratically in time. Now I remained logged on both machines after their nightly shutdown. So, at least for the time being, solved.

4. Problem affecting the Spain forum in my Mac/Firefox - Last Post column not showing in list of threads. Solved, including other viewing problems when trying to use an old version of Safari.

5. Exasperating slow speed. Unfortunately, not solved.

I don't think I posted anything about this, but I would welcome a Back to Top button at the bottom of each page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because you get taken to the last post does not mean that's where you left off reading that thread. and still the space is being wasted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko, JC has said he is struggling to get in these new forums the functionality of the old ones that took us automatically to the last few  posts when opening a thread. I was one of the several who suggested including a Last Post button in the meantime. I was not saying that everything is perfect -it certainly isn't- but simply acknowledging that some of the suggestions that were made in the trial period were taken care of. Let's be fair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The back button still has some issues. I just went down through in forum to the 5th page of posts and opened a topic (ok, discussion). When I backed out it took be back to the top of the forum, not the the 5th page that I was on.  It seems to work OK when navigating through a discussion, but is not totally fixed. I am just glad that so much was observed of our forum complaints. There seem to be things to still fix, but a lot better than the test phase. Yes, I am using the Stylish fix for the width and avatars as I was before, but had to change the forum address in the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines